PhilWiki Community/Reports/2019 Report
Report of activities: 2019
This page is the Annual Report of PhilWiki Community for the year 2019. It includes the activities of the organization from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
The Philippine Wikimedia Community User Group or PhilWiki Community was formed on 1 June 2015 to served as an organization of unaffiliated Wikipedians in the Philippines.
- January 13 - WikiTutorial Session 2 was held in Naga City. Attendance: 11 including 7 new participants. New users were taught how to create an account, basic editing and adding references while existing contributors explored the Translation feature on English Wikipedia.
- February 3 - The last Monthly Meeting was held in Naga City with 9 community members in attendance. The upcoming board election was among the agenda.
- March 3 - The second Annual General Meeting was held at Caby's Cabana Restaurant, Elias Angeles St., Naga City with 5 members in person and 5 online attendance out of the thirteen (13) official members. The duly-elected as Trustees to serve for a one-year term are Irvin P. Sto. Tomas, Froy B. Beraña, Anthony B. Diaz, Maffeth C. Opiana and Ramon O. Olaño, Jr.
- The results of the election of officers are: Irvin P. Sto. Tomas, and Froy B. Beraña were reelected for another term as President and Vice President, respectively. Anthony B. Diaz was voted Treasurer, while Ramon O. Olaño, Jr. is the new Treasurer. Joseph V. Ciudadano was appointed Auditor.
- March 9 - The Philippines joined WikiGap campaign. Four (4) new WikiTutorial participants joined the month-long WikiGap Challenge. This served as the WikiTutorial Session 3. As a result, two participants made it to the top contributors, internationally.
- March 24 - The 1st Board Meeting was held in Naga City. Attendance: Irvin, Ramon, Froy, Anthony, and Maffeth; Joseph was also present. Agenda: Equipment grant, WikiTutorial final month, Wikimedia conferences, Wikimedia communication channels, and PH-WC strategic planning in Catanduanes.
- March 29-31 - Irvin represented the User Group at Wikimedia Summit 2019 in Berlin, Germany where he attended and participated in different discussion which also included the Asia-Oceania Meeting, User Groups Meeting on Affiliate-selected Board seats of the Board of Trustees among others.
- April 1-2 - Irvin joined the post-event activity called Trainer's Training in Berlin, Germany.
- April 5-7 - Irvin participated at Wikimedia+Education Conference in San Sebastian, Basque Country in Spain where he presented a lightning talk and participated in discussions.
- April 8 - WikiGap Challenge ended with bcl:User:Maffeth.opiana and bcl:User:Brazal.dang making it to the top 10 contributors.
- April 15 - WikiGap Challenge participant Imelda Brazal and Wiki Loves Earth Philippines 2018 and Wiki Loves Monuments Philippines 2018 winner Ira Villanueva became members of PH-WC.
- April 25 - PHWC conducted a photo walk and an outreach activity in Catanduanes attended by around 50 elementary and high school teacher in Social Studies.
- May 1 - WikiTutorial participant Leah Banastao and Cebuano Wikipedia contributor Joseph Vincent Libot became members of PH-WC.
- May 5 - WikiTutorial participants Marvin Molin and Marvin Aquino became members of PH-WC.
- May 17 - Conducted Wiki Loves Earth Philippines photo walk in San Pascual, Masbate.
- May 18 - 1Lib1Ref Campaign was held at University of Nueva Caceres in Naga City.
- June 7 - Formally requested a working space at Raul S. Roco Library thru Naga City Mayor John G. Bongat.
- June 18 - The community adopted its new constitution and by-laws on 21 May 2019 and it received the recognition as a non-stock non-profit company from the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of the Philippines on 18 June 2019.
- June 22 - An edit-a-thon during the Wiki Loves Earth in the Philippines 2019 was conducted by PhilWiki Community members to use the images in the 2019 and 2018 contest on Wikipedia. The activity was held on June 22, 2019 at Raul S. Roco Library.
- June 29-30 - Froy Beraña and Marvin Molin participated at the Wikimedia ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference aimed to bring ESEAP voices to the global conversation on Movement Strategy. Community leaders discussed the most relevant strategy topics for the region across thematic areas and the Wikimedia movement’s future.
- June 30 - The community collaborated with Nueva Caceres Heritage Movement, Kintab Artists Group, Sumaro Bikolnon, Partido State University and the City Government of Naga in celebration of the Philippine-Spanish Friendship Day. An art exhibit participated by some members of PhilWiki Community who are also into visual arts joined the Katood Art Exhibit.
- August 3 - Wiki Loves Earth 2019 in the Philippines awarding ceremony held in Naga City.