Planetary Science Wiki Edit-a-thon
What is Planetary Science Wiki Edit-a-thon?
A three weeks edit-a-thon organized by WikiDonne, Women in red and Europlanet Society, to highlight diversity within the planetary science community. The main goal of this event is to involve new editors on editing Wikipedia and to create awareness on various gaps related to this topic (gender, race etc.). Page in Italian Wikipedia.
The edit-a-thon will be held during the Europlanet Society virtual conference - which consists of oral and poster sessions - and will be related to:
- Terrestrial Planets
- Extrasolar terrestrial planets (exoplanets)
- Space missions, Instrumentation, Techniques and Modelling
- Small Bodies (comets, asteroids, meteorites, KBOs, rings, dust)
- Diversity, Outreach and Amateur Astronomy
How to participate?
- Add you! Add your username on the participants list of any edition
- Select an article! You can find suggested articles of any edition
- Write, translate or improve it! Start writing the article from scratch, translate it from other languages, or improve an existing one.
- Check it! Add the new or improved article to the results list of any edition.
The campaign is cross-wiki, you can contribute in different ways: writing a Wikipedia article, improving an existing one, creating new Wikidata items, or upload on Commons photos with free licenses on Commons. You can also decide to write an article on Wikinews or to add a new entry on Wikiquote, add categories, or encourage someone to become a new editor. Every single action is valuable.
- The first edition, 21 September - 9 October 2020 during ESPC 2020 (virtual)
- The second edition, 13 to 26 September 2021 during ESPC 2021 (virtual)
- The third edition, 18 to 23 September 2022 during ESPC 2022 (Palacio de Congresos de Granada, Spain)
- Add your affiliate logo below...
- Planetary Science Wiki Edit-a-thon
- Event page, Europlanet Society
- EPSC 2020, official site
- Splinter SMW5 Wiki Edit-a-thon registration, Europlanet Society Vimeo channel