Planning Wikimedia Community User Group Burundi
- CH Wikimedia CH
- GB Wikimedia UK
- KR 위키미디어 한국
- RU Викимедиа РУ
- US-NYC Wikimedia New York City
- CAT Amical Wikimedia
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
Wikimedia Community User Group Burundi is a user group of Wikimedia projects contributors who have been meeting in Bujumbura since September 2019 serving to extend the reach of Wikimedia activities in the country.
The aim of this group is to create awareness for Wikimedia and its projects and thus bring new volunteers on board, and help them to understand the benefits of Wikimedia in our country. We will then edit and add contents to Wikimedia projects in Kirundi (national language), French and English.
- Our first objective is to maintain the history, the art, the culture of our country by sharing free knowledge to every Burundian and any other person regardless their language or their location.
- The group will play the roles of hosting different events such as Workshops that aim to extend and improve the reach of Wikimedia projects.
- We will collaborate with volunteers in lecturer clubs of some high schools in the aim of contributing in writing articles.
- Ferdinand IF99: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gilbert Ndihokubwayo:email@example.com
- Wikimedia Community user group Burundi : firstname.lastname@example.org
The WPWP Campaign
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) Burundi is an annual campaign where Wikipedia editors across Burundi will utilize the collected/uploaded photos in the previous photo contest such as Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Folklore, Wiki Loves Earth etc, and use them on the Wikipedia pages that lack images.
Timeline: The WPWP Campaign is annual.
- Start for entries: 15 th July 2021 00:01 (UTC)
- Deadline for entries: 31st August 2021 23:59 (UTC)
- Organizing workshops to train Burundians on how they can contribute to Wikimedia projects.
- Creating partners to extend the course of Wikimedia in Burundi.
- Recruiting volunteers mostly in lecturer clubs of some high schools.
Awareness and Edit-a-thon 2021
The aim of the this project is to create awareness of Wikimedia Projects to Burundi universities and lycee institutions, train them on how to contribute especially to Kirundi Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia projects, to also bring volunteers together to help contribute to digitize /increase the number of Articles on the Kirundi Wikipedia Language Platform through translations and creation of Articles.
Timeline: The Awareness and Edit-a-thon.
- Start for entries: 18th October 2021 00:01 (UTC)
- Deadline for entries: 30st November 2021 23:59 (UTC)
2022 Activities & Projects
We are planning to have Wiki Loves Africa 2022 as the 3rd edition in Burundi from the 1st February until 15th August 2022, the 2022 theme will be "Home + Habitat" humans and animals will show diversity and uniqueness. We shall also have special training delivered by professional photographers to level up our skills and improve our photography skills. Get ready from February 2022. WLA is back again!!!
GUHUBURA 2022is a name RUNDI which means in english "correction". Given that on the wikipedia we wrote information freely and that even those who do not really know the information of BURUNDI, this project was consist in seeing the information which is badly written, the information which is not up to date and the other fotes which are committed by those who do not know the KIRUNDI language and we will correct them.
Photos of GUHUBURA 2022
The EA strategy summit held in Kampala in September 2019 gathered volunteers all over the EA community on based of Wikimedia movement vision 2030.
From that we get to know each other and work together as Burundians to make in place the movement of Wikimedia in Burundi and try to achieve the Wikimedia vision 2030.
Join our user group WhatsApp group
- Gilbert Ndihokubwayo: email@example.com
- Favina Ghislain: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ella Mahoro: email@example.com
- Ferdinand Irankunda:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard NIHEREWINIMANA
- Ndizeye thierry
- Arthur Nkunzimana
- Alain Fortuné14
- NZISABIRA Léopold
- Ntakirutimana Pascal
- NIYUHIRE Octavie
- Elam IGIRUBUNTU NDUWAYO
- Kubwimana Bienvenu
- Mukunzi Nsabimana Ken Blein
- Edouard mhg
- Ndayikeza Edouard503
- Mugenzi Regis
- Steve Uwimana
- John Busokoza
- George 257
- Gilbert Ndihokubwayo
- Ferdinand Irankunda
- Favina Ghislain
- Rodrigue Nibigira
- Ella Mahoro
- Alain fortuné Remesha
- Richard Nininahazwe
- Steve Uwimana