Wikimedians of Nigerian Youths User Group is a group of Nigerian youth based in Lagos Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, Africa's largest country. According to the World population review, Nigeria's population is 210+ million, while The Nigerian youths occupy 33+ million (13.6%) of the entire population. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/why-we-should-drive-it-home-for-the-nigerian-youth/
The user group aims to introduce and promote Wikipedia and its sister projects to the Nigerian youths in Lagos.
- Promote the principle and ideology of open knowledge among Nigerian youths.
- Promote the use of Wikipedia and its sister projects among the focused group.
- Organize in-person gatherings among the Nigerian youths.
- Promote the relevance of indigenous language on Wikipedia among the Nigerian youths.
- Promote partnerships between the Wikimedia community and various government institutions, agencies, Non-profit organizations, cultural institutions, science, educational, and media organizations based in Lagos.
- Involving the Nigerian youths in GLAM (Gallery, Library, Art and Museums)
- Introduces mission-aligned organization led by Nigerian youth to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Participation in Wikimedia Conferences eg . Wikimedia Summit, Wikimania etc
- Promote Wikimedia strategies 2030 and its various initiatives and recommendations.
- Organize regular wiki meetups in Lagos for Nigerian youths.
- Organizing edit-a-thons and contents among Nigerian youths
- Establish partnership with cultural institutions to promote GLAM in Lagos
- Organizing PhotoWalks in Lagos.
|Description of event||Project||Period||Remarks|
|Online-Offline promotion of video production of Wikipedia social inclusion campaign||Commons, Wikipedia||Completed|
|Celebrating Wikipedia 20 in the ancient city of Ibadan ( Promoting Social Inclusion in the society||Wikipedia, Wikidata, commons||Completed|
|Adding bibliography of Nigerian Hospital to Wikidata & Celebrating Wikidata’s Birthday in Ibadan, Nigeria||Wikidata, Wikipedia and Commons||Completed|
|Building Naijá Wikipedia Community+Edit-athon||Naija Wikipedia||Completed|
|Addressing Systemic bias against Nigeria Radio stations on Wikipedia||Wikipedia,Wikimedia commons||Completed
|Description of event||Project||Partner||Remarks|
|Wikipedia Training for Batch C Corp Members of Nigeria Youth Service Corps( NYSC)||Wikipedia, Wikidata and commons||Nigeria Youth Service Corps||March-April 2023|
|Wikidata for Nigeria Youths in conjuction with Ministry of Youth and Sports||Wikdata||Federal Ministry of Youth Sports||May 2023|
|WikiYOUTHs||Wikidata, Wikipedia and Commons||Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Sport development||August 2023|
|Building Biblography of Notable Nigeria Youths since indepence in 1960||Wikipedia, Wikidata and commons||Nigerian National Library||November 2023|
|Alabija Aipu Kezia||Bibiire1email@example.com|
Simply typing four tildes (~), like this:
~~~~ below the numbered list, will automatically generate your signature and date stamp. You are encoraged to sign-up and be a member or send a quick mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adexman1 (talk) 18:59, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
- Esther043 (talk) 19:04, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
- Oludegun (talk) 06:46, 16 May 2022 (UTC)
- Akinlabimiracool (talk) 07:12, 16 May 2022 (UTC)
- Mhiz Lizzy (talk) 14:13, 17 May 2022 (UTC)
- Ronke susan (talk) 16:32, 17 May 2022 (UTC)
- Seun Omotosho (talk) 18:31,17 May 2022 (UTC)
- Seyifunmi7 (talk) 20:04, 17 May 2022 (UTC)
- Jismorgan (talk) 06:42, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Organden t (talk) 07:07, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Happiestdami (talk) 08:34, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Mrnyben1313 (talk) 09:38, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Blessing Sule (talk) 09:40, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Sampmfon23 (talk) 09:41, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Rebeccae033 (talk) 09:45, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Forcados84 (talk) 09:48, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Igbalaann (talk) 21:08, 18 May 2022 (UTC)
- Wendybethel (talk) 21:15, 18 May 2022 (UTC)