Jump to navigation Jump to search
Example Goals: Choose 1 to 3
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects
- Increase support for Open Knowledge / Free Content movement
- Increase contributions
- Increase accuracy and/or detail of contributions
- Increase respect for Wikimedia projects
- # of partnerships
- # of participants
- # of items digitized
- # of images used on wiki projects
- # of images rated as valued, quality, and featured
- # of page views for specific items
- # of articles created or improved
- # of good and featured articles created or improved
- A list of useful GLAM tools
- Glamorous: Calculates how many images from a certain category are being used on wiki projects.
- baGLAMa: Provides view counts for pages using Commons images in GLAM-related category trees. Pages views demonstrate a concrete benefit to a GLAM institution - exposure of their collections.
- Wikipedia article traffic statistics: Provides view counts for individual Wikipedia pages.
- Logic Model: A visual representation of how a GLAM program works. A Logic Model includes what you put into your program (resource inputs), what you do (program activities and participation), and what you plan to achieve (program outputs and resulting outcomes).
- Calculating global metrics teaches you how to collect the metrics required for any WMF grant.
- Show statistics to GLAM partners
- Making a centralized resource space specific to your GLAM
Best Practice Guides
- GLAM Model projects on outreach: Tips and best practices for model projects in GLAM partnerships on outreach wiki.
- Best practices in building a content partnership with a cultural institution: A GLAM partnerhips best practices guide on meta wiki.
- GLAM Bookshelf: List of guides and outreach materials relevant to the cultural sector, including handouts, presentations, Wikipedia how-to guides, and videos on English Wikipedia.
- Learning Circle: Pitching and Partnering: Some common issues and supports to pitching and partnering
- Learning Circle: Tracking and Reporting: Some common issues and supports to tracking and reporting GLAM-Wiki partnership outcomes
- Partnership Learning Resources
Resources for connecting
- GLAM-Wiki U.S. Consortium: Provides resources for connecting cultural professionals and Wikipedians and tools for beginning a project with the US GLAM-Wiki community.
- GLAM-WIKI project: Project supporting GLAMs and other institutions who want to work with Wikimedia to produce open-access, freely-reusable content for the public.
- GLAMing Madrid
- UNESCO Wikimedian-in-Residence
- Metro GLAM Institutional Growth and Community Fellow
- Amical GLAM & Outreach