- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
The following discussion is closed.
Closed, as new policy is in place ("all current proposals will be made invalid").
I propose to close the Faroese Wikisource.
This wiki is completely dead, as there has been no activity at all in the last three months other than user creation. There are only eight texts in total, which can go to oldwikisource.
- Support Kanzler31 It does not matter if the pages are high or low quality. A wiki needs users. 'Nuff said. 22:33, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support: per above--Andrijko Z. 18:42, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY (TALK) 02:13, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support -- Tofutwitch11 16:34, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support - inactive. Vibhijain 11:07, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose For a wikisource activity is not very important: sources don't need any updates. I believe that as long as there is contents and people looking over it it's okay. --OosWesThoesBes 17:44, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Do eight pages already constitute "content"? I wonder if anything was created since this Wikisource started, or whether all the contents were just imported from oldwikisource. -- Prince Kassad 18:06, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, those pages have a rather high quality, so I'd say "contents". I'm wondering that too, but maybe the community doesn't even know it's there. Same with li.wikt: no activity and no contents (6 pages) in 2006, user finds the wiki, is interested in editing it and suddenly there are almost 70.000 pages in 2010. --OosWesThoesBes 08:16, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose It is unclear why you want to close it. You only argument is that there is currently no contribution to it. Is there some sort of resource required in keeping the site up? What about people who read the content? If there is no other reason than the first I say keep it. Quackor 07:43, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- You forgot the last part about the lack of content. -- Prince Kassad 09:54, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Wiki has only a few pages, but they are quality, detailed pages; I'd value them much more than a wiki with a hundred small, almost meaningless stubs. I think this qualifies as "content" enough. Tempodivalse [talk] 00:43, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Content is excellent. It is a great big loss if the project were to be closed. Hydriz 13:32, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose, this project needs a lot of time and patience, there is content, and in the past there were people who were willing to contribute, there will be people to do that in the future too, if it is closed that would be made impossible, there is no harm leaving this open now and allow people to add content to the already existing one! --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 19:29, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose, I cannot see why high activity or a large content is so essential for a project of this kind. -- Lavallen 13:04, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose --N KOziTalk 04:59, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose I'm not Faroese. I can't speak Faroese. But I entirely defend the right to exist to this Wikisource project. Faroese people (and all people) have the right to read and edit the Wikisource contents, no matter the speed of growth in this project. 12qwas 19:55, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- Comment There was previously no local warning given to the project. I have remedied that. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 06:17, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.