Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Fula Wikipedia
In my opinion the Fula Wikipedia should be close. It has only stubs , and the Main Page. very few activity. send to incubator. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) rev, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| ∇ 21:10, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose just because the reason is incorrect, since ff:Gine is pretty much an article on par with an en.wp featured article. -- Prince Kassad 14:56, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Malangali 07:58, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Closing a project like this does tremendous harm to the efforts many people are making to kick-start IT development in African languages. Having the Wikipedia in place is important so that we can demonstrate the potential and bring people into the process of localization and Africanization. This is one in a series of anonymous, unsigned proposals to close African languages - delete the proposal as unacceptable.
- Oppose --Guaka 11:43, 30 July 2008 (UTC) I have started working on this project more than 3 years ago and I'm planning to continue working on this until there are 1000 articles. Progress has been slow but recently there have been some good additions.
- Oppose Oliver Stegen 13:00, 30 July 2008 (UTC) For all the above reasons. Also, Fula is a major LWC throughout West Africa. Finally, since when can an anonymous user (who showed up only on a single day, viz July 18) propose the closure of all kinds of small language wikipedias? He should be blocked and his proposals deleted!
- Oppose --A12n 13:15, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Per the above. There are some organizations such as ARED in Senegal that might be possible partners for development of content for this edition. Also suggest that a new approach before considering closure is needed for African language projects in general.
- Oppose Babbage 20:52, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Strongly echo Oliver Stegen's observation about this user's purely destructive "contributions."