Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Turkish Wikimedia
The result of the following proposal for closing a WMF project is to KEEP the project as the proposer has withdrawn the request. Please, do not modify this page.
This Wikimedia chapter should be locked to prevent editing.
Beginning in January 6, 2010, this wiki has not improved in any significant way. All that's happened in the interim between its start and right now (Special:RecentChanges tells it all) is the creation of a few translated MediaWiki messages, pages with "under construction" written all over them (the only real page being the Main Page), some socks inhabiting the wiki, the occasional wikispam and a misplaced article from the Turkish Wikipedia. The chapter itself was never even made official! To prevent this thing from falling into further disrepute, perhaps it should not be edited (or even prevented from account creation) until such a time as an official chapter is made. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 06:08, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- As proposer. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 06:08, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Second this proposal, per TeleComNasSprVen. A year is plenty of time for a Wikimedia Chapter to get off its behind and start creating their Wiki. It's unused, and frankly (bluntly) a waste of disk space. Sorry. BarkingFish 01:24, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support - per above--Andrijko Z. 18:34, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- As the initiator of this effort (and the one referred to as the "creator" below), I would like to oppose. Had I known about this proposal, say, a month ago, I'd probably support locking the wiki in order to prevent abuse. Because it is mainly an effort, which has nowhere to go but forward, and considering the amount of time required to convince people and get a wiki, deleting it would be a waste of time for prospective participants of the project. Now I am back to Wikimedia after a long break, and after seeing the devastation that is a direct result of not having enough active users to deal with the immense amount of vandalism towards Turkish projects, I can clearly see that we need this effort more than ever to promote Wikimedia and recruit more people. Turkish projects are declining, and with our current arsenal, we can not stop this. I'd like to request extra time until the end of March. I'll create the necessary pages for the wiki, and vitalize the establishment. Please refrain from closing until the end of March, and reconsider when the new content will be ready. I'll notify the fellow voters when this occurs. Thank you!--Vito Genovese 17:03, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
- Updated began and Vito agree. E M P E R Y A N ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ 11:31, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- Per above. I believe that Turkish community will recruit more users in the near future. --Eldarion 19:45, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- This is a positive project that I support. --e.c. 20:41, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose per Vito. It will take time to develop. Gökhan 00:37, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with Eldarion and e.c.. Nazif İLBEK 13:46, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- --Reality006 21:04, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
- Per above. --Stultiwikiatext me 13:20, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- The creator of this chapter has not really been active since April 2010. As I see it from here, 16 users are involved in joining the chapter. Its process of establishment, however, was stalled months, nearly a year ago. I am not going to vote, but I just wanted to inform non-Turkish speakers about these details. --Seksen iki yüz kırk beş 12:15, 31 December 2010 (UTC)