Punjabi Wikimedians/Two day Wikipedia and SVG Workshop at Gulzar Group of Institutions, Khanna
Two day Wikipedia and SVG Workshop at Gulzar Group of Institutions, Khanna was organized on 5th and 6th March, 2019 as a result of collaboration with Gulzar Group of Institutions, a technical institute in Khanna, Punjab for initiating an Education Program with wide projects for students to select. The event was first and depending upon the submissions of the students, SVG and Wikipedia Trainings were planned. To take the idea about interest of students, google form was shared with the institution. A total of 171 students applied and attended the awareness session, but for WIkipedia and SVG trainings, we had to limit the number to 40 for each workshop. The institute faculty managed the participation.
The objective of this workshop was to create awareness about Wikipedia and teach the interested students and faculty of GGI about Wikipedia policies, rules of editing and information about different Wiki-projects they can join according to their interests and fields of expertise.
As a first step, we conducted wikipedia and SVG workshops.
Manavpreet Kaur and Training and Placement Cell, GGI
- The students from 11 different languages participated in the event. We can work and design multilingual projects here.
- The introduction session should not be detailed and should only highlight the basics required for students and the details may be saved for future sessions.
- To bring more trainers to the institute.
- To continue doing the activities, in order to keep the participants engaged.
- Train some faculty members for better management and organisation. Following the same, in the month of April, the workshop for interested faculty members will be organised.
The Wiki Club has been set up and one event every month will be organised to keep participants engaged and to explore possibilities of working with an institute and starting the education program.