The following request for comments
is closed. No discussion since shortly after this RfC was opened, back in 2011. Snowolf How can I help? 06:13, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
Here is the problem: This user made a very offensive and homophobic comment in br.wikimedia (in this page to be exact: Predefinição Discussão:W). The user involved asked me if that could be oversighted, and after an IRC request, a steward answered the request and made the Oversight. After that, the same user reinserted the comment who had been oversighted, which required a second oversight for the same comment.
That is not the first time he made offensive comments to other people, he had beem blocked in pt.wikipedia for this same behaviour last year (see here and here), and had beem moderated from WMBR mailing list for a year because that same problem. On top of that, this user in an adm in br.wikimedia, who should know and follow the policies of the Wikimedia Projects.
So I'm asking for your comments about that subject. Thanks in advance. Béria Lima msg 13:40, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- That is a lie
- The user above, has personal problems with me. My message says only that the user is a child, he reverted my edition because he did not like pink, color that I chose in predefinition. I hinted that he had a homophobic vision, since he came to say he did not want his name linked to the pink and that I should have my name in pink. If the user above lied about the content I am not guilty, but I urge you to reverse the action if If you want I translate the text in full.
- Obs: She was also blocked by insults, and unlike her I never lost my administrative tools for not having exemplary behavior, and she is so popular that attitude that members of the WMF has made comments about the bad behavior of that person and if I remember correctly, they already vetoed requests for this reason. Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 14:13, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Was the second message identical to the first (it is very unwise to reinsert oversighted edit)? -- Bojan Talk 23:08, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, BokicaK, the second message was exactly the same as the first one. But, not satisfied, he placed the OS message in a public mailing list, a couple of hours after the second OS. Béria Lima msg 10:07, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
Well, I'm also a WMBR volunteer (despite the fact I don't show up that much in the process), and I know that problem is old - like really old - and started when she complained about the old WMBR's bylaws. Since them, this user has a problem with this girl.
So, since he is no longer a newbie, and that is not the first time he has those attitutes. I don't have nothing personal against the user, but I agree with Béria that he should be punished. JSSX 11:09, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- About the punishment, if you want to punish me for something that you do not understand, blocked me forever, I do not care. For I will go out of the Wikimedia if this happens.
I reversed the oversight, because this is my message, and according to internal WMBr posture, we must be fully transparent and there was nothing homophobic in the message.
The request came from a volunteer who first, is not involved in the issue, and second, that does not represent the community, in the third, which is lying just to tarnish my image.
As I said, if I want to translate the message, also do not want the translation I ask them to stop arguing about what you do not know, this was the reason why the oversight occurred, you could not read what was written and complied her request without even reading what was written.
What about the message of JSSX, the destructive actions of her not began when she complained about the bylaw, but when she had attitudes that caused problems in one activity Jimmy Wales's presence in Brazil, and she only complained about Bylaw when she was no longer part of the group, 2008, when she felt excluded.
Also, I'm rude when people are rude, or is not in a position that is expected. But one can collect data and see that Beria makes things worse, is more aggressive and unreasonably, as well as attacks on the Brazilian Group, in places untenable for the Brazilians, in any way attempt to end the union of the group decreased the results often lie to people outside of Brazil. So the sanction should not be against me, as her posture, compared to my posture, is much less close to what is expected of a volunteer from Wikimedia Moviment.
The problem here is not me or my attitude, the problem here is that I am one of those who do not listen to what she does know how she is, and the feeling of exclusion that she has in the face of Wikimedia Brazil.
She brought her here, only to tarnish my image to people outside of Brazil, because the interaction between Brazil and the rest of the world will increase, and if only people she controls make this interface, she will feel included and may make what she wants.
- Again, it is best not to argue without reading the text and not knowing about the Wikimedia Brazil and about what is happening... kiss, bye .Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton m 17:10, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- We really don't care about your feelings to Beria. Can you please STOP the personal attacks and abuses? You never has a limit? Any steward can read the suppressed editions. Who is lying here? Leandro Martinez msg 18:59, 22 September 2011 (UTC)