Requests for new languages/Wikinews Slovene
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikinews Slovene|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sl (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Slovenian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Slovenščina||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9063 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||"Wikinews" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikinews talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- 'Support' The Slovene wiki is popular, we should have a Wikinews.--Kanzler31 03:05, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Nothing in the middle. Voting should be closed.--Reality006 23:16, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- Note that the "recent news" section on Slovene Wikipedia has been canceled some years ago due to lack of interest. I sincerely doubt that there will be enough volunteers for this project. Yerpo 08:38, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
- I second that. If there are no people interested in maintaining the project, then it's better not to have it. When interest appears, the request can be repeated, then there should be no objections. --Tone 08:23, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- Currently 61.82% of the MediaWiki messages and 4.50% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 10:46, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 53.51% of the MediaWiki messages and 2.91% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 11:32, 12 November 2008 (UTC)