||qwh (SIL, Ethnologue)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Nunashimi, Runashimi, also use Qichwa
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
|Language Wikidata item
||Q35104 - item has currently the following values:
- en label = Ancash Quechua
- native label (P1705) =
- instance/subclass (P31/P279) = language / Quechua I
- Wikimedia language code (P424) =
- writing system (P282) =
- number of speakers (P1098) =
|Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.
||Michael junior obregon pozo (P) user:marceliño1981(N).
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP)
first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"
||Anything else that should be set
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
@Michael junior obregon pozo: To the best of your knowledge, how mutually intelligible are Ancash Quechua and Huaylas Quechua? StevenJ81 (talk)
- @StevenJ81: ancash quechua and huaylas quechua are varieties of quechua but ancash quechua is divided in :conchucos and huaylas, huaylas is one variety, and in conchucos are 5 varieties, and I know a lot of native speakers and a speaker of hauylas quechua don't understand conchucos quechua completely and in conchucos quechua uses other diacritics to write.--Michael junior obregon pozo (talk) 20:37, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: Quechua Wikipedia is written in southern quechua ,and this test wiki is written in Huaylas quechua
Michael junior obregon pozo (talk) 16:50, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Michael junior obregon pozo and Liuxinyu970226:. I appreciate that. That's not really going to be the issue, ultimately.
- Right now, we have an already existing project in Southern Quechua, quwiki. We have an eligible test on Incubator using language code quh (assigned by SIL to Chimborazo Highland Quichua), but actually being written using the currently developing standard for Ecuadorian Quechua (or Kichwa).
- Ancash and Huaylas fit into neither of those categories, and it's probably quite reasonable to assume that at least one project that represents "central" varieties of Quechua can also be approved. The reason I asked you about the mutual intelligibility of Ancash and Huaylas is that Huaylas is considered a variety of Ancash. Where languages are mutually intelligible, ideally we have them use a single project, rather than multiple projects. So I do not know whether LangCom would really want there to be a Huaylas project independent of an Ancash project.
- Where languages really form more of a dialect continuum, it is entirely possible to include multiple varieties within a single Wikimedia project. (See, for example, Alemannic Wikipedia, which includes Swiss German, Alsatian, Baden and Swabian varieties—and Swabian even has a separate language code.) My question was more aimed at determining how possible that might be with Huaylas and Ancash.
- Summarizing, I do not think that anyone will ever try to incorporate Huaylas or Ancash into either Southern Quechua Wikipedia or Kichwa (Test) Wikipedia. I think there is a very real possibility that LangCom would want to see Huaylas and Ancash combined, if they get to the point of approval as independent projects. In any event, there is no test in Incubator in any variety of Quechuan that is close to ready for approval. So for now, I don't think anyone needs to worry about anything. StevenJ81 (talk) 17:35, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
- I will add, Michael, that even if LangCom is willing to allow a separate project in Huaylas, LangCom will never give it final approval as long as it's as much of a one-man banddef. 2 as it is now. The most important thing you could do right now is to try to find others willing to contribute to your test project. StevenJ81 (talk) 17:35, 21 December 2017 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: Now I'm try to find. new users thanks.
Michael junior obregon pozo (talk) 15:20, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: Ancash quechua are Huaylas and Conchucos, recently the ministry of education has created an standard form to write, The other Wikipedia in Ancash quechua is written in the variety of conchucos but this Wikipedia is written in the standard form, for example:
The Suffix -In in wp/qxn is written -chu but in standard form is -chaw iqualy nuu in standard:naw , and in some articles are written with e and o ,when in the standard form there is no e and there is no o too.
- Now with your modifition the incubator:Wp/qwh and incubator:Wp/qxn are now same, both are saying "Ancash Quechua", are you earnestly contributing to write two "Ancash Quechua Wikipedias"? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:58, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
@Liuxinyu970226: I propose to unify the two ancash wikipedia Quechua in wp / wh, also wp / qxn is not written in the standard form approved by the ministry of education of Peru Michael junior obregon pozo (talk) 18:23, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thx, I decided to merge both to single incubator:Wp/qwh. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:41, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Is there community consensus to do so? StevenJ81 (talk) 17:18, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- There is now community consensus to do so. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:02, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.