Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Obolo
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Obolo|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ann (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Obolo||Language name in English|
|Language name||Obolo||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36614 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wìkìpedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Ukpatu Wìkìpedia||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||UTC+1 (WAT)||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Wìkìpedia||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Hi, I am requesting for Wikipedia in Obolo language (ISO 639-3 code: ann). I wish to bring Wikipedia (and some of its popular articles) near to the speakers of that language, and to also contribute contribute articles from that language. Would you please grant the request soonest. -- Rogeeeee (talk) 01:47, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hello @Rogeeeee: I think you should create test project first, without that test project, you won't see an official ann.wikipedia in the near future. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 22:10, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks@Liuxinyu970226: I have done it. And written articles. Please check it. Any other suggestions? -- Rogeeeee (talk) 18:17, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
Support Why not? It's not a dialect and has a valid ISO code. Random Wikimedian (talk) 12:46, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
Project no showing on list
Thanks everyone for your support. I noticed that this project is not showing up on the "Full list of incubating wikis." The projects that should showed up on this list are supposed to meet these criteria:
"They are substantial (having at least 25 mainspace pages), and/or They are active (having some active content creation since the beginning of 2019)."
@Liuxinyu970226: This project has over 70 pages now. What could have happened? Can someone please help resolve this issue? Thanks. Katelem (talk) 20:45, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
- It's already added to incubator:Template:Tests/wp, isn't that? Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 03:43, 24 October 2022 (UTC)
Can this project now be considered for approval? It is listed as "active", with over 200 pages. Katelem (talk) 18:52, 28 November 2022 (UTC)