Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tamazight
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Tamazight)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favour
- The first argument is that Tamazight (Tamazight in native language can be Amazigh as well as a neutral form used in a foreing language) is definelty a language. This language was not written for several secularies, and thus the usage of the written language has been lost up to the 20th century were a cultural and intellectual renaissance took place.
- The second argument is that the number of speakers is a second argument, 70% of morrocan population plus some 30% of algerian population represent over 20 millions of speakers of tamazight
- The third argument for is that Tamazight is a language which is widely oppressed by governments in its original countries, even if in the late years it has been recognised as a national but non official language, still it is not promoted and to use it in wikipedia could be a greate opportunity to enrich the language and keep one of the humanity assets preserved
- Amazigh are the indigenous peoples of North Africa west of the Nile Valley, their language is Tamazight and they are around 40 million people, whose alphabet is the ancestor of Tifinagh, however the script who will be adopted here will be the Latin script. 22.214.171.124 15:27, 1 February 2011 (UTC)Mehdi SB
- i think having wikipedia in Tamazight is very important because north africa is amazigh by origin ,also we amazighs feel the pride of having and reading things in our own language which is neither arabic nor any other language but Tamazight but still i think this should be done using Tifinagh i started learning in and i succeded in only two days it is so easy with the motivition just try it
- Tamazight est la langue natale de plus de 15 millions personnes au Maroc, donc wikipedia Tamazight va être un support multimédia pour la culture Amazigh au Maroc et le caractère Tifinagh adopté par l'IRCAM favorise l'unification de Tarifit, Tamazight et Tachlhit surtout au Maroc.
- Use of latin script unconventional for tamazight
Arguments in favour
- Support -- There are more Berber dialects spoken in North Africa and in the world: Tarifit, Central Morocco Tamazight, Tashelhiyt, Tamasheq, Chenoua, Kabyle, Chaouia, Saharan Berber... A unified (official) Berber will make Wikipedia content in this language more localized, especially for foreigners who want to learn a universal Berber language that will help them be closer to regional Berber dialects understanding.-- Lhossine (talk) 14:17, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
Other relevant proposals
|User / User_talk||ⴰⵎⴰⵏ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵓⵎⴷⴰⵏ|
|Wikipedia / Wikipedya_talk||ⵡⵉⴽⵉⴱⵉⴷⵢⴰ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵡⵉⴽⵉⴱⵉⴷⵢⴰ|
|Image / Image_talk||ⵜⴰⵡⵍⴰⴼⵜ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵜⴰⵡⵍⴰⴼⵜ|
|MediaWiki / MidyaWiki_talk||ⵎⴻⴷⵢⴰ ⵡⵉⴽⵉ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵎⴻⵢⴰ_ⵡⵉⴽⵉ|
|Template / Template_talk||ⵜⴰⵍⵖⴰ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵜⴰⵍⵖⴰ|
|Help / Help_talk||ⵜⵉⵡⵉⵙⵉ / ⴰⵎⵙⵍⴰⵢ_ⵜⵉⵡⵉⵙⵉ|
|Category / Category_talk||ⵜⴰⴳⴳⴰⵢⵜ / ⵜⵉⵡⵉⵙⵉ_ⵜⴰⴳⴳⴰⵢⵜ|