Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Tunisian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||aeb (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Tunisian||Language name in English|
|Language name||تُونسِي - Tounsi||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56240 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||وِيكِيپَاديَا - Wikipèdyà||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia_AEB1.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Africa/Tunis||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian/First Discussion
- Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian/Csisc Discussion with E3
- Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian/The Discussion held in WikiArabia 2015
- Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian/The Discussion with Language Committee and Incubator Administrators about some facts of Tunisian
- Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Tunisian/The Discussion with Abrahamic Faiths and other WMF users
- @علاء: Ehh why? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:43, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose for the same reason that alaa provided--مصعب (talk) 12:20, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose What a absurd coincidences! Migration season to the absurd. -- صالح (talk) 19:54, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose No need to create too many Arabic dialects wikis, their users can and should contribute to ar:. --22.214.171.124 09:02, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose per Alaa.--Faisal talk 00:34, 27 March 2020 (UTC)