Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Hausa
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Hausa|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ha (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Hausa||Language name in English|
|Language name||Hausawa||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56475 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Hausa Wikipédia||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Hausa is a diverse language spoken by thousands of people across Africa and its natives can be found all over the world . It is an old language with it's independent heritage and history, it is also a course of study in many higher institutions across Africa. The Language has it's own wikis like Hausa Wikipedia , Wikitionary  and lots of contributors/informations on Wikidata, commons etc. There has being a significant increase in contributions from the Hausa Communities across all Wikis and there are lots of active users on Wikipedia Wikis as well. I personally have came across a number of interestig quotations from many prominent people whom there articles exist on Wikipedia and I believe if this new Hausa Wikiquote is created, will increase the languages' diversity as well as Wikipedia readability especially from the language users across the World. Uncle Bash007 (talk) 11:45, 5 July 2022 (UTC) Well-done ,it's a very good idea bro. I Will be awaiting with my contributions.Hamza DK (talk)
You can also refer to external documentation or websites. Sign your request by ending your statement with: --
- Comment: Although I don't speak Hausa myself I think this is a useful proposal. Hausa has 50 million native speakers. Rubbish computer (Ping me or leave a message on my talk page) 14:35, 5 July 2022 (UTC)
- Comment: First of.. I would like to thank you User:Uncle Bash007 for once again taking the step forward in making our community (Hausa) a better place. What a phenomenal idea this is!
Also, who would not like to know qoute in his own native language? Therefore, I will give as much contributions as I can as my token of appreciation just to see this project is a success.
- I am so exited I can't wait to get started. Sanusi Gado (talk) 23:59, 16 July 2022 (UTC)
- Comment i'm very excited because this will develop hausa community and Wikimedia movement Aliyu shaba]]Talk 07:20, 17 July 2022 (UTC)
Wow! I was just coming across this now and believe me this is super great idea. It will support the hausa Community in so many ways.i have known about a campaign like this in Yoruba. I think having something like this in hausa is also a killer idea. It's so great and we can't wait to contribute immensely ok it. All thanks to User:Uncle Bash007.
- This is so outstanding,
- Yeah.. Together we'll make Hausa Wikimedia a more advanced Wiki user:Musa Vacho77. Uncle Bash007 (talk) 10:02, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
- Indeed.. thank you @Musa Vacho77 Uncle Bash007 (talk) 16:40, 5 August 2022 (UTC)
- This is a very fantastic project.
- Sure it is.. Hope u'll be around to make it a success User:Godstime Elijah. Uncle Bash007 (talk) 10:05, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
- Comment: I'm happy to hear this, Hausa Wikimedians Community is now growing up, we're developing Hausa Wikipedia and Wiktionary. I am sure that our editors can improve Hausa Wikiquotes. I Support this —Gwanki✉ 12:15, 25 July 2022 (UTC)