Requests for new languages/Wikiquote Khowar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiquote Khowar|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||khw (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Khowar Language||Language name in English|
|Language name||Khowar||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q938216 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Khowar||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikiquote" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiquote talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Karachi||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Khowar as a language is spoken by more than one million people in Pakistan and other countries.
- Khowar is the most spoken language in Northern Pakistan. It is taught upto university level and people are doing PhD in this language. I think there is a need of Wikiquote to preserve the khowar quotes of this vibrant language, to enjoy this culture, a place where Khow or Chitralis could go for understanding of their culture and others too to know them.
- Support -- RAChitrali 09:30, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support --
- The interface localisation is not yet complete. All MediaWiki core messages and main extensions used by WMF need to be translated. --RAChitrali 09:30, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Rachitrali: Please do not "create request as eligible", that should be judged by langcom members, thx. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:28, 30 July 2019 (UTC)