Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Hebrew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Hebrew|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||he (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Hebrew||Language name in English|
|Language name||עברית||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9288 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||User:Jarondl (NP), User:Hagai888 (N), user:stuB (N), user:yonatan.kershenbaum (N), user:Awb (N), user:aaron.kozlik (N), User:Guycn2 (N), User:SleepyMode (N), User:BDaniel (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jerusalem||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favour
- Support . The Hebrew Wikipedia is the 25th Largest one, and contains 62,377 Articals. A Hebrew Wikiversity is the next logical step. --Jarondl 00:42, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- I totally agree! --Oren neu dag 01:16, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Agreed (Red4tribe 16:05, 23 April 2008 (UTC))
- Support StuB 14:21, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Support --פדיחה (talk) 10:47, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Guycn2 (talk) 07:20, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
- Support They have a lot of contributers besides their population. --Kafkasmurat (talk) 11:33, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- Support I do think It will work. SleepyMode (talk) 11:53, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- Support BDaniel (talk) 16:38, 25 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose. I think it too early for this project to be localized to Hebrew. We have a lot of things we can do before on WikiSource and WikiBook... --Itzike 13:17, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- A few reasons of why it should be created: There are many students that speak hebrew either as native or not, and its always going to be active, even that many of them aren't active on the Meta, they might be active there as it'll be quite easy to find using a quick search in google, or in any other engine, and in Israel we use it a lot. SleepyMode (talk) 12:05, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- Status is currently Unknown. Last update was in 2008, We'll keep working on it soon. SleepyMode (talk) 12:24, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- Currently 100% of the MediaWiki messages and 55.54% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation have been localised. Thanks, GerardM 07:46, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 100% of the MediaWiki messages and 57.54% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation have been localised. Thanks, GerardM 07:31, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 99.86% of the MediaWiki messages and 100.00% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 14:50, 12 November 2008 (UTC)