Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Persian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Persian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||fa (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Persian||Language name in English|
|Language name||فارسی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9168 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||User:Soroush83 (NP), User:Sajad (N), User:Navid rabiee(N), User:saeed.veradi(N),User:Mortezamacro(N), User:Persian_Knight_Shiraz (N) ,User:Alireza Ivaz (N)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Tehran||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favour
- Strong Support. Saeed.Veradi 21:10, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- Strong Support. Omid Habibollah: I think it's necessary for improvemen persian wikipedia. امید حبیب الهI 08:23, 16September 2008 (UTC).
- Strong Support.--m.jabalameli--Obviously distance learning plays a critic role in education now a days (especially by the down of the web 3 age) and as IT is in the initial steps of developing in Iran, I`m sure the sooner we run Persian Wikiversity the more advantages we could take.
- Support. I think it would be a useful website. The Persian Wikipedia ,Wikiquote ,Wikibooks ,Wikisource and Wiktionary are doing a nice job with over its 58,000 users and improving day by day. I am sure that if such a Wikiversity opens, many people would be glad and they will be eager to contribute. Sajad 08:34, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Strong Support-- Per Sajad there are tens of thousands of users on Persian wiki projects and growing so much everyday as well. More important there are a lot of users active on Persian wikipedia involving in different parts. I'm so active there and somewhat active in some other wiki projects and familiar with wiki software and now I want to concentrate more on fa.wikiversity project to make it begin sooner and support it more. Me and some of friends decided to begin a wiki project for talking about different university fields and maintaining some learning materials for them that I told them about wikiversity however it hasn't begun yet. We are planning to establish such site and I hope this project to begin sooner so we'll bring those contents here and avoid parallel works. Moreover I've decided and begun some works on fa.wikibooks.org personally which will be nice to transfer to fa.wikiversity when it'll begin.
- The sooner we begin the better. Because the later this project begins the later will grow and the later people will get familiar with this and now I think there are some experienced and active users and it can find its way and growing in its way.
- Some works in fa.wikibooks are actually useful for wikversity but because wikiversity doesn't exist for Persian, they are done there by some users ignorantly:( .
- About usefulness of the project. all people live in Iran and Afghanistan know Persian as the first or second language and Persian(called Tajik Farsi in Iran and Dari in Afghanistan) is the formal language in these countries and there are million of Persian speakers all over the word who know Persian as their first language. And also there are millions of people in Tajikistan and Uzbekistan who speak Persian(called Farsi before 1918 and Farsi Tajik between 1991 to 1999 in Tajikistan and now Tajik in Tajikistan) as the first langauge and there are comming translators for exact translation of these different forms of scripts used for writing them. So this project can be useful for more than 114 million people in the word.(sum up all people can speak any forms or dialects of Persian in Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and other countries all over the word...)
--Soroush83 20:22, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support: I`m stronglly supported this project and all the persian language project. all the reasons that soroush and sajad says are respected and supported with me. I hope after solving the fa.wiki great problems, we improve the Persian Wikiversity to the best point. we are persian and we can do anythings, if we want!! with the best wishes for jimbo,--Gordafarid 20:11, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- What some users assume as fa.wiki (surely fa.wikipedia) problems will never make any problem for fa.wikiversity and fa.wikiversity is a completely seprate project even some policies are different ... . And I appriciate Gordafarid's support here and his future works in fa.wikiversity regardless of fa.wikipedia. Fa.wikipedia's story is completely different.--Soroush83 07:01, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support good idea, persian is a living language with millions of speakers. --Hojeraop 09:30, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support. I create first educational article betawikiversity:آموزش تنظیم سیستم های دریافت ماهواره ای .what can I do now?--Hariva 17:02, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
- Either you can create a book in http://fa.wikibooks.org for it and if you want to consider it as a field, you can begin in the beta project. There they can be exported and then be imported to future fa.wikibooks.org. Dear Hariva, I appreciate you to add yourself to people who will support this project. You will surely manage to help this project very much. --Soroush83 18:25, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
With huge number of universities and university students in Iran in my opinion this project is a must.--Mani1 01:51, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- Support.Mardetanha 01:21, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
- Support. I agree with Manu1. Wikiversity Persian will be useful for Tajikistan too. There will lots of things to learn for Tajiks.--Ibrahimjon 12:51, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
- Support. bilijacks: We must have a Wikiversity in Persian and we must develop it. Bilijacks 05:56, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
- Support. persian is a old language and very hard(and important)so we must make a universty for itLadsgroup 19:11, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Strong Support really good Bahmei 04:39, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support.--BlueDevil 02:26, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support--Navid rabiee 12:36, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- Support Knowledge should be available in as many languages as possible (it's a cliché, but it is true) and Persian contributors have the required potential to handle this project, I think. Huji 02:58, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support As a language of main scientific advancement in middle east and central asia in past and present. It is better to have it in persian language too.Pedram.salehpoor 20:53, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support --MehranVB 06:40, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
- strong Support-- i think it's time to create a web for special textbook.Persian language has not any site for learn about important thing.it's chance for persian people to use this site.please answer our request.--Nojannik 17:00, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support--SalmanParsi 13:46, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I support it! --Mirzali 22:36, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support - good idea. --~Innv
s: 06:19, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support Sami-ras
- Support-- We need it to complete the wikimedia project in Farsi as they did in wikimedia English. Davatland 01:58, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Support I'll do my best to help this idea--Mhassanm 20:44, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- Support I strongly support this great idea. علی ویکی 01:56, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- Support--Behzaad 05:48, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- Support--MaadikhahAll of us need to fresh researches,free & new discoveries & free & quick informations & educations.So,It's a great project:Agood way for understanding,learning,becoming aware & contributing in global human sciences.Maadikhah 15:12, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support agree with MuhammadMahdi. Faramarzreply 18:08, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Support --ebraminiotalk 22:02, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Strong Support this language has over 120 million speakers and there is an active community out there. Why isn't this project created yet?????????? Kurdbuddha (talk) 12:20, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- Strong Support --AFlorence (talk) 23:50, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
- Support -- Jaloliddin Madaminov (talk) 11:39, 30 January 2017 (UTC).
- Support strongly. I think I need to know more and more. It will be a way to educate wikipedians very well. thanks. TheStrayDog (talk) 13:01, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- Support Alireza Ivaz (talk) 20:30, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
I think when we live in a global village in the 3rd millennium; there isn't any need to part the academic word and societies in a lot of different parts. All of nations must learn internationally and must think globally but act domestically. So I think there isn't any need to limit the knowledge and write the red lines with the Language Insulators. The global society must try to integrate the knowledge in a unit format, languages and standard to be useful for all people. So if I find a useful article in strange language that I can't understand it, there isn't any appliance for me! But when we have wikiversity in the unit language all the nation can use it and its benefits.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- People shouldn't need to learn another language to learn sth so wikimedia projects like wikiversity is in different languages and as Persian might be strange to you it is mother tongue of millions of people and many other languages might look strange too them. It is right of people to learn and teach in their languages and main policies for different wikiversities must be in the way to make them as academic as possible. I don't find your reason acceptable for having these projects in different languages. --Soroush83 10:54, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- I am strongly convinced that knowledge should be available to as many people and in as many languages as possible. Rosier-HR 20:43, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- I'm agree and interesting to make this section and our team will support Music and Computer related documents for this. MFreeman
Localisation of both the MediaWiki messages and the messages used in extensions used by the WMF is a requirement for a subsequent project in any language. The transaltewiki.net's statistics show currently for Persian (fa) a 100.00% for the MediaWiki messages and a 67.24% for the extension messages. GerardM 06:15, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- At this time 100% of the MediaWiki core messages and 54.57% of the messages used in extensions used in WMF projects have been localised. ~~