Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Hebrew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Hebrew|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||he (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Hebrew||Language name in English|
|Language name||עברית||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||ויקימסע||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||ויקימסע||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||שיחת_ויקימסע||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikivoyage-logo-he.png||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Jerusalem||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||"ספר" (Book:), "שיחת ספר" (Book talk:)||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Install the Collection extension [per IRC discussion --MF-W 13:46, 21 March 2013 (UTC)]||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- Support, יעל י (talk) 08:22, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support, Hebrew localization is already well-established on other Wikimedia projects (such as Wikipedia). As you can see, project is active (editing it in the incubator is cumbersome which is why I wait for it to live the incubator to invite plain users to edit it). Tzafrir (talk) 12:30, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support, I wholeheartedly support this project. - ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 18:55, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support, Ovedc (talk) 08:18, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support. Shani (talk) 23:25, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support Dekel E (talk) 16:41, 8 February 2013 (UTC)