Requests for new languages/Wikivoyage Ukrainian
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikivoyage Ukrainian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||uk (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Ukrainian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Українська||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Вікімандри||"Wikivoyage" in your language|
|Project namespace||Вікімандри||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Обговорення Вікімандрів||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikivoyage-logo-uk.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Kiev||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||"Портал", "Обговорення порталу"||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||User groups: uploaders (right: upload files, adding and removing to group by sysops), rollbackers (rights: rollback, adding and removing to group by sysops)||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
I propose here to giving a chance for the Ukrainian Wikivoyage, that is active in Wikimedia Incubator and ready to have its own domain. There are big community, many new edits and pages every day.
Also I want to remind that Ukrainian is one of the most spoken languages in Europe, and one of the most spoken Slavic languages (after Russian and Polish). Thanks, --Leinbach (talk) 17:45, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support per above.--Leinbach (talk) 17:45, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support per Leinbach. AtUkr (talk) 14:53, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- Support Active project.--Anatoliy (talk) 00:09, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support --RLuts (talk) 19:19, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support --antanana 19:29, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support --Voll (talk) 20:07, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support - An active project. --Cheers! (talk) 09:42, 18 March 2013 (UTC)