Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Balinese
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Balinese|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ban (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Balinese||Language name in English|
|Language name||ᬩᬲᬩᬮᬶ / Bali||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33070 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikikruna||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikikruna||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Pabligbagan_Wikikruna||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:WiktionaryBan.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Makassar||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||Page > Kaca, Page_talk > Pabligbagan_Kaca, Index-Indéks, Index_talk > Pabligbagan_Indéks, Author > Pangawi:, Author_talk > Pabligbagan_Pangawi||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||If the logo doesn't fit, please resize or remind someone to resize||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Balinese is a Indonesian language spoken in Bali. The language has more than 3,000,000 speakers worldwide.
Balinese language has a complex speech level like Javanese, the number of speakers at the lowest level of language knowledge has the largest number of speakers, the number of speakers decreases as the language level increases, although the language level is very commonly used, especially for older people and strangers , over time the use of vocabulary is more often replaced by the use of Indonesian and foreign language terms.
In order to survive the Balinese language needs to interpret terms from other languages so that it is more flexible to use, efforts for preservation need to be carried out by government and non-government organizations. To support conservation efforts, an online dictionary is needed that is able to be integrated with the Wikipedia and Wikispecies, so that readers can understand the terminology used on Wikimedia project.
The book and source that can make a guide in compiling the Balinese Language Wiktionary are:
- Partami, Ni Luh; Sudiana, I Madé; Sukayana, I Nengah; Purwiati, Ida Ayu Mirah (2016), Kamus Bali-Indonesia (3rd edition), Balai Bahasa Bali.
- Granoka, Ida Wayan Oka; Astra, I Gde Semadi; Bagus, I Gusti Ngurah; Jendra, I Wayan; Medera, I Nengah; Ginarsa, Ketut., (1985), Kamus Bali Kuno-Indonesia (1st Edition), Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
- Other sources such as websites in Balinese (suarasakingbali.com and many blogs in Balinese)
- Putrohari, R. D., dkk. (2015). "Diaspora Melanesia di Nusantara". Direktorat Sejarah dan Nilai Budaya, Direktorat Jenderal Kebudayaan, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan. Halaman: 191-192. ISBN : 978-602-1289-19-8
- Robert Lane Greene, Language of many levels, The Economist, access date 27 November 2021
- Gita Purnama A.P., I Gede. "Sutindih ring Basa Bali; Sinergi Pemerintah dan Lembaga Non-Pemerintah dalam Usaha Melestarikan Bahasa Bali". Kongres Bahasa Indonesia. Direktorat Jenderal Kebudayaan, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Republik Indonesia.
@MarcoAurelio, Wagino 20100516, Wirjadisastra, Wandering ant, Siti Noviali, Luh Gede Krismayanti, Kadek Ayu Sulastri, Eka343, Anggabuana, Dcljr, Jon Harald Søby, Bayu Gita, Carma citrawati, Joseagush, and Carma Mira: Please bring support and your opinion regarding this proposal. Thanks in advance. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Chinamoonroll (talk) 2021-11-03 00:47 (UTC)
- Support I see no reason why this language can't have a Wiktionary, there are enough Balinese community members, that's enough for eligibility. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:41, 3 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Many active members from Balinese community that can contribute to this project. RaymondSutanto (talk) 11:43, 3 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Idem. I would lovely to maintain occasionaly. Joseagush (talk) 04:12, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Balinese is included in the top 10 languages in Indonesia with the most speakers, which is more than 3 million speakers. They deserve the Wiktionary site. Marwan Mohamad (talk) 22:42, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Dictionary is a vital thing for balinese education. Carma citrawati (talk) 06:04, 23 November 2021 (UTC)
- Support Balinese language will be easy to learn with a dictionary that have open source web Anggabuana (talk) 14:09, 23 November 2021 (UTC)