Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Banjar
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Banjar|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||bjn (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Banjar||Language name in English|
|Language name||Banjar||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33151 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikikamus||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikikamus||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Pamandiran Wikikamus||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Makassar||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
The Banjarese language is an Austronesian language from Malayic tree language which are spoken and used in several territories in Indonesia such as South Kalimantan, Central Kalimantan, Riau, Riau Islands, and Jambi. In 2000 census, it is estimated that there are about 3,500,000 active speakers of Banjarese language, and now still expanding to more than 4,000,000.
The language has many types of oral literatures, several of them are Lamut, Mahalabiu, Dindang, Madihin, Mamanda and Susurungan. All of this is only in the memory of older speakers, rarely documented and lacks the younger generation. It is feared that when elderly speakers die, the source of life for the oral culture will also be died. Wikipedia Banjar was started in 2008 in Incubator and released in 2010 to become an online encyclopedia that is useful for beginner speakers who want to learn all kinds of knowledge in the Banjarese language. We try to incorporate elements of local culture like the ones above to protect it from extinction.
The Banjarese language Wiktionary, started in 2012, is expected to become a basic foundation for those who still have difficulty speaking Banjar because it contains basic words and their derivatives in short sentences that are easy to implement. The books that can make a guide in compiling the Banjarese Language Wiktionary are:
- Hapip, Abdul Djebar (1977). Kamus Banjar-Indonesia (in Indonesian). Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
- Kamus bahasa Banjar dialek Hulu-Indonesia (in Indonesian). Departemen Pendidikan Nasional, Pusat Bahasa, Balai Bahasa Banjarmasin. 2008. ISBN 978-979-685-776-0.
- Hestiyana (2010). Tata bahasa praktis untuk pengajaran bahasa Banjar (in Indonesian). Kementerian Pendidikan Nasional, Pusat Bahasa, Balai Bahasa Banjarmasin.
- Support Localization for Important Messages has been done on TranslateWiki. Also, since July 2021, there are 5 active users, contributing on Incubator. Mnafisalmukhdi1 (talk) 14:11, 15 December 2021 (UTC
- Support Per nom, has enough speaking community to power an online dictionary website in this language. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 10:56, 22 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Banjarese has a large number of speakers and it is important to have a separate online dictionary site at Wiktionary. Marwan Mohamad (talk) 06:47, 6 March 2022 (UTC)
- Support Banjarese language is the unique ones in Indonesia, as Bahasawan Cendikia (part of Indonesia University) research and published on 1994 it said that Banjarese language has unique mixture between Javanese and Malay and adaptations of locals. The process of mixture claims its complexity, with this picture, we need the Banjarese language to have their own Wiktionary to preserve the history of mixture and complexity in it (Reynan (talk) 02:55, 7 April 2022 (UTC))
- Support The activity for the last five months looks stable (3-5 editors each month). Most important messages are 96% done (need a bit more effort to make it 100%; you guys can do it! :D). Wirjadisastra (talk) 03:24, 7 April 2022 (UTC)
- Support per nom. The Banjar Wikipedia community can be the nucleus of this sister site. ✒ Bennylin 01:20, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- Support 184.108.40.206 04:38, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- Support strong community support and valuable potential. RamzyM (talk) 03:10, 5 June 2022 (UTC)
@Ezagren: Emm, I think there should have a summary about the proposal? And why "Asia/Hong Kong" here? Why not using "Asia/Jakarta" or "Asia/Kuala Lumpur"...? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 12:14, 14 June 2021 (UTC)
- @Liuxinyu970226: The proposal hasn't been completed and there are still some that are being discussed with other contributors. So it's not fixed yet, including the Asia/Hong Kong option. Later it will be changed to Asia/Kuala Lumpur if that's the standard. Ezagren (talk) 00:42, 15 June 2021 (UTC)
- @Liuxinyu970226: We have decided to change the time zone into "Asia/Makassar", and you can prove it that the time zone is used on South Borneo as the mainland for Banjarese language. But for the proposal, we still working on it. Thanks. Mnafisalmukhdi1 (talk) 07:35, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
- "Malay". Ethnologue. Retrieved 2021-12-11.
- Purwo, Bambang Kaswanti; Nasanius, Yassir (2004). PELBBA 17: Pertemuan Linguistik Pusat Kajian Bahasa dan Budaya Atma Jaya Ketujuh Belas (in Indonesian). Yayasan Obor Indonesia. p. 217. ISBN 978-979-461-527-0.
- Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa. "Banjar - Peta Bahasa". petabahasa.kemdikbud.go.id. Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
- Ethnologue. "Banjar". Ethnologue.com.
- Project, Joshua. "Banjar in Indonesia". joshuaproject.net. Retrieved 2021-12-11.
- Jaruki, Muhammad. "Tradisi Lisan Banjarmasin, Kalimantan Selatan: Lamut". Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa.
- Effendi, Rustam (2012). "EKSISTENSI SASTRA LISAN MAHALABIU BAGI MASYARAKAT BANJAR KALIMANTAN SELATAN". LITERA 11 (2). ISSN 2460-8319. doi:10.21831/ltr.v11i2.1071.
- Hasuna, Kamal; Komalasari, Ida (2018-04-01). "Analisis Sastra Lisan Dindang pada Masyarakat Banjar di Kalimantan Selatan". STILISTIKA: Jurnal Bahasa, Sastra, dan Pengajarannya 3 (1). ISSN 2527-4104. doi:10.33654/sti.v3i1.505.
- Saefuddin, N. F. N. (2016). "FUNGSI SASTRA LISAN MADIHIN DALAM MASYARAKAT BANJAR". TELAGA BAHASA (in en-US) 4 (2): 265–280. ISSN 2686-5572. doi:10.36843/tb.v4i2.186.
- Sulistyowati, Endang (2016-12-05). "Eksistensi Mamanda dalam masyarakat Kalimantan Selatan". Lentera: Jurnal Pendidikan 11 (2). ISSN 0216-7433. doi:10.33654/jpl.v11i2.410.
- Hestiyana, N. F. N. (2015). "FUNGSI TRADISI LISAN SUSURUNGAN BAGI MASYARAKAT BANJAR HULU". MABASAN 9 (2): 87–98. ISSN 2621-2005. doi:10.26499/mab.v9i2.161.
- "Wp/bjn - Wikimedia Incubator". incubator.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2021-12-11.
- "Wp/bjn - Wikimedia Incubator". incubator.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2021-12-11.
- "Wt/bjn - Wikimedia Incubator". incubator.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2021-12-11.