Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Nheengatu
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Nheengatu|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||yrl (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Nheengatu||Language name in English|
|Language name||nheengatu||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q34333 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Links||"Nheengatu" @ Portuguese Wikipedia||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Nheengatu has recently been aproved as eligible for Wikipedia .
Arguments in favour
- A Nheengatu Wiktionary will be very useful for people working on Nheengatu Wikipedia.
- It has much more initial potential than the very Nheengatu Wikipedia. It's much easier, say, for non-natives to give translations for a word than to write an encyclopedic article on some subject in Nheengatu.
- Let's do it.Qrc2006 18:55, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
As this is not the first request for a project for this language, it needs to do the full localisation of MediaWiki ... GerardM 08:16, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 0% of the MediaWiki messages and 00% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:14, 13 November 2008 (UTC)