Jump to navigation Jump to search
Key takeways and log
After technical difficulties on Skype, the meeting took place on IRC chat. A meeting log is available.
- We talked about the extent to which the research committee helps to identify research themes and topics (perhaps in the form of case studies), and achieved an initial consensus that while not all members of the committee may participate in such development, it's within the scope of the committee and something we'll experiment with.
- Dario will help organize some action pages on meta for the different areas of work in the scope of the committee.
- As per the log, we've re-confirmed top areas of interest, and will get started on the respective wiki pages.
- Erik will share a case study Howie is working on as an example, once it is completed
Time and place
As a result of a poll, the first meeting took place on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 5PM UTC.
- Introductions and icebreaker
- Identify action points for individual members around Research Committee/Areas of interest
- John Riedl
- Erik Moeller
- Milos Rancic
- Daniel Mietchen
- Ziko van Dijk
- Dario Taraborelli [some risk of technical issues due to travel]
- Yaroslav Blanter
- Luca de Alfaro
- Denny Vrandecic
- Giota Alevizou
Couldn't make it:
- Mayo Fuster Morell
- Aaron Halfaker (was able to join for last 5 minutes)