Research talk:Wikipedia Workflows/Article
Ian, this page is great: thank you for making it. We do really suffer from a lack of high-level documentation of the editing process: this page will help :-) I was glad to find out about it when you did the lightning talk at the all-staff. Sue Gardner 18:41, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- In current practice there is an arrow from articles at any stage to AFD, CSD and PROD. That is, an article at any stage can be deleted.
- There is a variant BLPPROD.
- An article cannot be sent to PROD more than once.
- There are arrows from AFD, PROD and CSD back to article without going through AA.
- A common form of article creation is the expansion of a redirect.
- Articles can be created by merger or split.
- GA is not an end state; articles can lose that status.
- Deleted article is not an end state: Deletion Review can return a deleted article either to mainspace or userspace.