Research talk:Wikipedia clickstream
When will the other data become available ?
- This was a one off project and has not been productionized or generalized to other language wikipedias. If you have a request for a set of languages please list them and we will take that into account during quarterly planning Ewulczyn (WMF)(talk) 15:54, 24 February 2015 (UTC).
- Do you mean clicks on redlinks? That would be good to include. Actually, for many of the stated purposes, the dataset is of questionable value if it doesnt include clicks on redlinks. John Vandenberg (talk) 21:01, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- The current release only includes requests for pages in that were in production table enwiki.page. The next release will include redlinks Ewulczyn (WMF)(talk) 15:54, 24 February 2015 (UTC).
Clarification on other-wikipedia
Thanks so much for putting all of this together! Just to clarify -- am I correct that entries with a prev_title of 'other-wikipedia' could be referrals from either: 1) any page on any namespace in any *.wikipedia.org project other than enwiki, or 2) any page on enwiki outside the main namespace? Thanks! Staeiou (talk) 22:39, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- 'other-wikipedia' includes referers from the non-main namespaces of english wikipedia and all other language wikipedias Ewulczyn (WMF)(talk) 15:54, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Top referrer stats
This is great
I saw it on Twitter.
Is it possible for a general reader/editor like me to generate an image like this for en:Parkinson's disease, or do I need arcane technical skills? (I'm very old and un-techy) --Anthonyhcole (talk) 01:27, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
- @Anthonyhcole and Doc James: you may have seen the recent announcement of the productized clickstream dataset, which is now available as a monthly dump for each of Wikipedia's 10 largest language editions. User:MPopov (WMF) wrote a nifty visualization app in R that allows you to explore this data. See more examples here.--Dario (WMF) (talk) 22:36, 10 February 2018 (UTC)