|← Requests and proposals||Steward requests (Global)||latest archive→|
(un)blocks, (un)locks and hidings.
This page hosts requests for global |
If you are here because you have been blocked by a global block, and believe that the block is in error or you have not done anything wrong, there are a few methods through which you can appeal:
Note: (un)blocks apply to IP addresses; and (un)locks apply to global accounts
- 1 Requests for global (un)block
- 1.1 Global block for 126.96.36.199
- 1.2 Global block for 188.8.131.52/20
- 1.3 Global block for 184.108.40.206/24
- 1.4 Global block for 220.127.116.11/22
- 1.5 Global block for Brazilian IP Addresses
- 1.6 Global block for Long-term Wikinews spambots
- 1.7 Global block for 2607:FB90:0:0:0:0:0:0/32
- 1.8 Global block for 18.104.22.168
- 1.9 Global block for Bertrand101 IPS
- 1.10 Feasibility of global block for 2A03:2880:____:____:FACE:B00C:0:____
- 1.11 Global unblock for 22.214.171.124
- 1.12 Global block for 126.96.36.199
- 1.13 Global block for 103.47.132.x/103.47.134.x
- 1.14 Global block for 188.8.131.52
- 2 Requests for global (un)lock and (un)hiding
- 2.1 Global lock/unlock for Gabrieldcecy again
- 2.2 Global lock for User:信任むりなの
- 2.3 Global unlock for Sher Aziz
- 2.4 Global lock for Unypoly
- 2.5 Global lock for 이 높으신 보민 대왕님 앞에서 당장 절하라
- 2.6 Global lock for User:Ourmainhacker99
- 2.7 Global lock for My Royal Young socks
- 2.8 Global lock for Najaf ali bhayo
- 2.9 Global unlock for Turkjakrapun
- 2.10 Feasibility of a global lock for many Bertrand101 sockpuppets
- 2.11 Global lock for Jr abad socks
- 2.12 Global lock/unlock for User:Vote (X) for Change
- 2.13 Global lock for Masoom.bilal73
- 2.14 Global lock for DWAD-AM
- 2.15 Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
- 2.16 Global lock for HealthTalkInternational
- 2.17 Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
- 2.18 Global lock for 5th batch of Bertrand101 socks
- 2.19 Global lock for LTA socks
- 2.20 Global lock for JefferyS
- 2.21 Global lock for ASTRONAUTS BILL CLINTON AND HILLARY CLINTON
- 2.22 Global lock for John574 2
- 2.23 Global lock for SeanJones
- 2.24 Global lock for Langh Khan Kam
- 2.25 Global lock for 皇室共有アカウント
- 2.26 Global lock for User:Petbirdcage
- 2.27 Global lock for abusive Ukrainian user names, created in Vietnamese wikipedia (6)
- 2.28 Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
- 2.29 Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
- 3 Global abuse filters
- 4 See also
Requests for global (un)block
|Please be sure to follow the instructions below:
Global block for 184.108.40.206
Dedicated proxy IP, registered to this webhosting service. Likely a banned/blocked user socking. They've engaged in constant harassment of an en.wiki admin. 2601:1C0:4401:F360:7DF8:AF46:7C8B:7470 02:36, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Global block for 220.127.116.11/20
Global block for 18.104.22.168/24
Global block for 22.214.171.124/22
Global block for Brazilian IP Addresses
- 126.96.36.199 • • • • gblock • glist
- 188.8.131.52 • • • • gblock • glist
- 184.108.40.206 • • • • gblock • glist
- 220.127.116.11 • • • • gblock • glist
- 18.104.22.168 • • • • gblock • glist
- 22.214.171.124 • • • • gblock • glist
- 126.96.36.199 • • • • gblock • glist
- Latest IP: 188.8.131.52 • • • • gblock • glist
- Latest IP: 184.108.40.206 • • • • gblock • glist
- Latest IP: 220.127.116.11 • • • • gblock • glist
Brazilian IPs performing persistent editing war and vandalism and 3RR violation at zh-yue:華地馬 and zh-yue:華德馬艾坎塔拉, and also have got the same edit features in zh-yue:卡米洛 山塔納 this topic. According to the experiences for wikipedia's sock puppets. I think they are USER:JoseNivalJunior2531. Because I have checked for their IPs (see their IPs in iplocation.net), they come from either Fortaleza or Poco da Pedra, Brazil.--PQ77wd (talk) 23:23, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
- Because we have no IP checkers in zh-yue. And also the administrators ignore these IPs' bad behaviors. --PQ77wd (talk) 02:21, 5 April 2017 (UTC)
- Newest information: I have seen 18.104.22.168 that IP was the same edit feature like of above in zh-yue:孔愛德 on today.--PQ77wd (talk) 00:24, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
Global block for Long-term Wikinews spambots
- 2001:2d8:e22d:4bf8::1569:30b1 • • • • gblock • glist
- 22.214.171.124 • • • • gblock • glist
- 126.96.36.199 • • • • gblock • glist
- 188.8.131.52 • • • • gblock • glist
- Abuse filter blocked the IP which is to expire after 31 hours. -- acagastya 12:03, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
Global block for 2607:FB90:0:0:0:0:0:0/32
Cross-wiki abuse and Long-term abuse on English Wikipedia. --184.108.40.206 18:16, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- That's a rather large global block request, considering how T-Mobile only hands /128s to its wireless customers. Dargasea (talk)
Global block for 220.127.116.11
Crosswiki abuse blocked by Widr for one year and it currently blocked by Az1568 for one week can you please global block for one week for now? --2602:306:36D5:5690:ADD7:9362:B1DD:5708 17:24, 29 April 2017 (UTC)
Global block for Bertrand101 IPS
Long-term abuse; Bertrand101 --18.104.22.168 05:01, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
Feasibility of global block for 2A03:2880:____:____:FACE:B00C:0:____
While patrolling on Wikidata, I frequently see problems from users using the address ranges 2A03:2880:____:____:FACE:B00C:0:____, such as synchronized attacks on items (example1, example2). I have also noticed that:
- in this example of Stalk toy request, 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/__ has been blocked on several Wikipedias for "open proxy"
- in the following list, several address ranges are globally blocked for "open proxy" (by user:Tegel and by user:Vituzzu)
- all these addresses seem to come from Facebook users and the last part of this edit on the English Wikipedia mentions 2 interesting discussions about "Facebook IPs used for vandalism/sockpuppetry".
|List (mostly filled with users doing incorrect edits on Wikidata)|
I am not an expert about open proxy. I don't know whether all these addresses are open proxies and should be blocked. But if I look at the first global block, 2A03:2880:11:1FEC:0:0:0:0/64, I am wondering: perhaps 2A03:2880:11:0:0:0:0:0 corresponds to open proxies too? perhaps 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0 corresponds to open proxies too (my example of Stalk toy request shows that several Wikipedia administrators think so)? perhaps these address ranges should be blocked?
Regards --NicoScribe (talk) 22:59, 2 May 2017 (UTC) +NicoScribe (talk) 18:11, 4 May 2017 (UTC) +NicoScribe (talk) 17:36, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
The Ipv6 address saboteur sometimes use 22.214.171.124、126.96.36.199、188.8.131.52、184.108.40.206 as well, i used to track the addresses since sep 2016, they have a same pattern of behavior and targets.Cherjau (talk) 23:25, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
Butting my head in here as a former steward who can probably help explain the complexity of the request being made. Noting that mw:Help:Range blocks/IPv6 is pertinent to understanding. The request while sounding (somewhat) simple, has larger implications and should reflect a policy decision and approach rather than a series of blocks.
- Is there evidence of a system-wide problem for the overarching ranges, excluding the vanity IPs within the sets? Noting that there may be useful edits occurring crosswiki and for stewards to check such usage is not a trivial task, and one would expect a good reason for a global/broader block.
- Is there evidence from your checkusers of whether this should be a hard or a soft block, as there may or may not be legitimate editing from logged-in accounts.
That said it is an interesting that the IPs is all facebook management IP range, so unless it is facebook staff, it is some type of proxy service. There seems to be clarity about the source, and almost a vanity approach to their range descriptions and use.
- Do we (collectively) wish to stop/block facebook proxy addresses from editing wikis?
- Do we have a clear understanding of the process being used to edit, and how widely it can be abused? How/why is facebook offering proxies for editing?
- Blocking those subranges based solely on the :FACE: component of the IP address is going to be difficult/problematic as you need to start much further up the IP range if collective, and is going to involve significant range blocks. Or we have a plethora of small blocks on the lower ranges, which is time consuming, and difficult to manage.
Notes: 220.127.116.11 and like IPs show up as in the range 18.104.22.168/20 (facebook). It is a pretty tight range, and could be managed by blocking something like 22.214.171.124/28]
So if we need to stop those "...:face:booc:..." IP addresses doing it as global blocks for stewards is a problem, and it may be better to seek a better technical solution from the WMF developers. They may be able to do something outside of the wiki tools, or by other means. We should be resolving what is the issue, and does it constitute a global problem prior to acting. — billinghurst sDrewth 04:37, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you, Cherjau. On the French Wikipedia, I have noticed that 126.96.36.199 is interested by the town covè in Benin  and that 188.8.131.52 is interested by the same town along with some 2A03:2880:____:____:FACE:B00C:0:____ users, in this history in 2015 and 2016.
- Thank you, Billinghurst:
- I admit that my understanding of the technical aspects is limited.
- About your first question: I have not searched for evidence of a system-wide problem. I have just noticed that almost all the edits from 2A03:2880:____:____:FACE:B00C:0:____ users were incorrect, while loking at the "recent changes" lists on 2 projects: Wikidata and French Wikipedia. The edits are numerous: the list above has been created during a few days (and since the 5 May I have a local list with many other addresses from this range).
- About your second question: I have not talked about this problem with administrators or checkusers from Wikidata and French Wikipedia.
- You mentioned "proxy service", but did you read the last part of this edit on the English Wikipedia? It mentions interesting elements: "Facebook IPs used for vandalism/sockpuppetry", "open proxy for Facebook users", "massive vandalism", "Definitely registered to Facebook", "There's no non-facebook IP addresses being used in the /32 range", "longterm block on 2A03:2880::/32 for this sockdrawer", "abuse from anon-IPs", "face:b00c block collateral", "ip addresses with FACE:B00C in their range are used by internet.org app service", "that block is much too broad...no, it's not", "the persistent disruption and vandalism by that sockmaster is extensive", "someone from that range is trying to change my WP password", etc.
- Since the beginning, I have talked about the block of 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0, not the block of all the addresses containing the :FACE: or :FACE:B00C: component.
- I have one question: I suppose that the policy No open proxies is applicable to all Wikimedia projects, so why the block of an open proxy on one project (for instance 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/__ on the English Wikipedia) is not systematically escalated to a global block here?
- Thank you, Masti, for the global block that you applied on 9 May to User:2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/32 with the comment "open proxy". Is it linked to my request here?
- Perhaps Tegel or Vituzzu (who have made some global blocks in the list above) or DMacks or JamesBWatson (who have blocked 2A03:2880:0:0:0:0:0:0/__ on English Wikipedia) have more information?
- Regards --NicoScribe (talk) 15:36, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
Global unblock for 184.108.40.206
I am administrator at Swedish Wiktionary and was prevented to edit because this IP was blocked due to the following message: "Your IP address is in a range which has been blocked on all wikis. The block was made by Vituzzu (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is leaky colo + open proxy at 220.127.116.11. * Start of block: 14 january 2016 kl. 16.14 * Expiration of block: 14 januari 2021 kl. 16.14 You can contact Vituzzu to discuss the block. You cannot use the "Email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked form using it. Your current IP address is 18.104.22.168, and the blocked range is 22.214.171.124/16. Please include all above details in any queries you make." ~ Dodde (talk) 02:28, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
Global block for 126.96.36.199
Vandalising/ trolling on Wikinews. https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52 --acagastya 11:01, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
Global block for 103.47.132.x/103.47.134.x
Cross-wiki addition of hoaxes, same modus operandi as Steward requests/Global/2017-04#Global block for 103.47.132.x/103.47.134.x. Maybe this could be the case for a 184.108.40.206/24 range block, as has been done on nl.wiki. –Gpmat (talk) 12:17, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Global block for 220.127.116.11
Open proxy (webhosting service, Digital Ocean). If there's an IP range that can be blocked, please apply that over a single IP block. 2601:1C0:4401:F360:3CD3:BDCB:A057:A92E 22:21, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
Requests for global (un)lock and (un)hiding
|Note that global blocking currently only applies to IPs, due to a technical limitation. If you wish to request a named account for global [un]locking, please request a global [un]lock here instead. Be sure to follow the instructions below:
Global lock/unlock for Gabrieldcecy again
Gabrieldcecy returned to Portuguese Wikipedia with your cross-wiki under the name of GabCecy. --18.104.22.168 14:08, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for User:信任むりなの
This user is primarily aimed at harasses to Mirinano. This username means “Mirinano can't to gain his confidence”. This username included in ‟nano” of hiragana, so this username is inadequate. This user already blocked Jawiki. This user of act perhaps 2ch. --連綿 (talk) 19:27, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
- Comment I don't think this username is inappropriate. Also, this user does not, at least, vandalize here on META wiki. Please assume good faith.--22.214.171.124 00:32, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
Global unlock for Sher Aziz
- 126.96.36.199 12:54, 10 May 2017 (UTC)) I cant login due to global block i want to use wikipedia kindly unlock my global account. (
Global lock for Unypoly
This is LTA/Unypoly. check this, and he is doing vandalism now. but Nobody blocks it.
- How do you know if this user is Unypoly? Also you are grossly misunderstanding ko:백:인신 공격 금지. Jerrykim306 (talk) 06:27, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for 이 높으신 보민 대왕님 앞에서 당장 절하라
Sock of sulutil:보민개 and more. see Steward requests/Global/2017-05#Global lock for 보민개. This user always claim that this user(보민개) is King. Also cross-wiki abuse in this wiki such as creating this user's page to claim this user is a king. Jerrykim306 (talk) 06:29, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for User:Ourmainhacker99
Global lock for My Royal Young socks
Long-term abuse; My Royal Young --2602:306:36D5:5690:F180:393B:8086:D016 19:53, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for Najaf ali bhayo
Long-term abuse. Blocked on enwiki. This user asks constantly a rename with several accounts, see here. A steward has been renamed by mistake, but user reincarnates with same name to reask a rename, Jmvkrecords ⚜ (Intra talk) 05:05, 16 May 2017 (UTC).
- Can we lock Sibghat Chaudhary too? Jmvkrecords ⚜ (Intra talk) 05:08, 16 May 2017 (UTC).
Global unlock for Turkjakrapun
As my account was block : the following reason: Abusing multiple accounts: user:Turkjakrapun This block (ID #292189) is set to expire: indefinite. I am totally accept my mistake, and totally understand the reason for blocked me.
To be honest, At first I use account:Turkjakrapun to publish an article that in the end was blocked by the reason of "promotion/advertising". After that, I try to revised my article to make it in the correct way for Wikipedia but I can't because I was block. According to my stupidity, I was create another account (Jakrapun.s) and try to publish my revised article to Wikipedia again. And that was a big mistake for me and as I told you, I am totally understand that you will think I am try to evade the block on my old account.
At the end of the day, I beg you to please unblock me. So I can correct my mistake, and learn how to use Wikipedia with honestly., Turkjakrapun188.8.131.52 08:45, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Feasibility of a global lock for many Bertrand101 sockpuppets
Long-term abuse; Bertrand101 --2602:306:36D5:5690:7CB0:4018:904C:D09E 22:29, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
- @Ruslik0: In every batch theres many hoax stations to lock theres batch 1, batch 2, and batch 3 to mass global lock the users thanks Ruslik please lock the batches 1, 2, and 3 Thank you Ruslik 2602:306:36D5:5690:1955:4101:BF8E:E273 04:25, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for Jr abad socks
Long-term abuse; Jr abad --2602:306:36D5:5690:1955:4101:BF8E:E273 04:53, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock/unlock for User:Vote (X) for Change
Global lock for Masoom.bilal73
Cross-wiki abuse. Seems like a LTA --184.108.40.206 04:31, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
Long-term abuse; Bertrand101 --2602:306:36D5:5690:8C50:FFEB:6C34:AC9F 19:22, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
Global lock for HealthTalkInternational
Spam-only account; it seems like a Cross-wiki abuse --2602:306:36D5:5690:8C50:FFEB:6C34:AC9F 20:34, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
Global lock for 5th batch of Bertrand101 socks
Long-term abuse; Bertrand101 --2602:306:36D5:5690:D996:6BD4:A900:864D 06:26, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for LTA socks
Global lock for ASTRONAUTS BILL CLINTON AND HILLARY CLINTON
Long-term abuse; HENRY APPLEGATE --2602:306:36D5:5690:84D6:A94C:50CE:1CF5 18:30, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for Langh Khan Kam
Crosswiki abuse --2602:306:36D5:5690:84D6:A94C:50CE:1CF5 21:38, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for User:Petbirdcage
Vandalism-only account. --2602:306:36D5:5690:84D6:A94C:50CE:1CF5 01:00, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
Global lock for abusive Ukrainian user names, created in Vietnamese wikipedia (6)
Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
Global lock for 影武者(Nipponese Dog Calvero)
Global abuse filters
Special:AbuseFilter/69: May 10
: May 16
- 2008: 11, 12
- 2009: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2010: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2011: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2012: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2013: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2014: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2015: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2016: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12
- 2017: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12