Other languages: English | Español | 日本語 | 한국어 | Bahasa Melayu +/-
Wikimania 2009 was the 5th annual Wikimedia Conference and was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- December 15, 2007: Bidding opened.
- January 12, 2008: Jury selection announced
- January 12, 2008: Bidding creation ended. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- February 3rd (0:01 UTC): Bidding ended. All major information on bidding page were finalized.
- February 3rd (3:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 1 with existing bidders.
- (15:00 UTC): Public meeting No. 2 with existing bidders
- February 3rd: Question & Answer from jury began.
- February 3rd - March 6: Refining of bids and answering jury's questions.
- February 28: Question & Answer from jury ended.
- February 21rd - March 13: Jury deliberation.
- Post-March 13: Host city announced to public.
- March 28th: Buenos Aires is selected by the Jury and an announcement is made to the public.
edit this timeline
See also Wikimania 2007 for explicit planning guidelines and Wikimania 2008.
- WMF: restricted for scholarships for Wikimania: 60,237 $ (FS 2009-2010, p. 11)
Wikimania: 2005: page / site | 2006: page / site | 2007: page / site | 2008: page / site | 2009: page / site | 2010: page / site | 2011: page / site | 2012: page / site | 2013: page / site | 2014: page / site | 2015: page / site | 2016: page / site | 2017: page / site | 2018: page / site (+/-)