|Portal||Activities||Business||History||Participants & Supporters||Privacy||Resources||Discussion|
This page is for coordinating the coordination, or "business", aspects of Wikimedia LGBT+'s development.
- 12 September 2012
- 11 July 2012
- August 2013 (Wikimania)
- LGBT Meetup, WikiConference USA (New York City) - June 1, 2014
- LGBT Meeting with AffCom, Wikimania 2014 (London) - August 7, 2014
- LGBT Meetup, Wikimania 2014 (London) - August 8, 2014
- LGBT Meetup, Wikimania 2016 (Esino Lario) - June 26, 2016
The long-term plan is incorporate as a thematic organization under the name Wikimedia LGBT if we get authority to use Wikimedia LGBT+ from the WMF. This organization currently is not registered in any way.
Scope and territorial overlap with national chapters
- The territory of activity is everywhere in the world where there are people interested in achieving our mission.
- Initially the organization will be placed in the USA, UK, Netherlands, or Germany. However, people from around the world will be able to join as voting members.
Privacy has been, and remains, the top priority of Wikimedia LGBT+ organizers and advisors. It is vital to the protection and safety of participants as not all members will be from nations that have LGBT friendly laws.
Check the privacy page for the most up to date information on efforts to respect privacy.