This page attempts to document the development and activities of Wikimedia LGBT+.
- 2011: as part of Wikipedia Loves Libraries, Wikimedians worked with the Tom of Finland Foundation Library in Los Angeles on the "Queering Wikipedia Editathon". See ToFF website, American Libraries Magazine article.
- April 6, 2012: an outreach project was created following a conversation amongst founding leaders (Bluerasberry, Fæ, Tom Morris, Varnent) on IRC; the IRC channel #wikimedia-lgbtconnect was launched the same day.
- June 23, 2012: an LGBT mailing list was requested.
- July 1, 2012: the LGBTlists.wikimedia.org mailing list was created.
- July 11, 2012: the first meeting was held at Wikimania 2012.
- August 2012: change from outreach project to "thematic organization"; adopting initial logo.
- August 2013 (Wikimania 2013): proposal of user group status; change of logo.
- November 9–10, 2013: LGBT representation at the Wikimedia Diversity Conference in Berlin.