Wikimedia Tool Developers Group
Wikimedia Tool Developers is a nascent Wikimedia user group.
Description and mission
Wikimedia Tool Developers is an international cooperative of tool developers, who write code and tools for improving Wikimedia projects and publish it under a free license. We want to improve the Wikimedia projects on the software side, regardless if it is a Bot, a User Script, a Tool which runs on Tool Labs or something else.
We give tool developers in the Wikimedia universe a voice. We improve our skills by learning from each other. We organize events in order to strengthen our community, to promote our values, and to engage in coding together.
We are committed to increasing the amount and quality of freely licensed tools for Wikimedia Projects and want to give their community a voice.
- Actively increasing the amount of high-quality tool through the daily work of our members.
- Energizing both existing community members and new talents through awards.
- Representing the Wikimedia developers community, e.g. at international events like Wikimania.
- Promoting the idea of publishing high-quality software under free licenses in on- and offline media, through exhibitions, and other means.
- Enhancing our members' coding skills by teaching each other.
If you're devoted to sharing the majority of your programming works, which you use in Wikimedia projects under a free license, you're eligible for membership.
How to stay in touch?
Three active Wikimedians in good community standing (300+ edits and accounts older than 6 months) who are willing to identify themselves with the Wikimedia Foundation:
- MF-W 16:04, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Alangi Derick (talk) 19:12, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Ilya (talk) 20:00, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- DerHexer (Talk) 21:16, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Superzerocool (talk) 01:05, 4 April 2017 (UTC)
- African Hope (talk) 11:50, 4 April 2017 (UTC)
- Steinsplitter (talk) 18:33, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
- Touzrimounir (talk) 19:31, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
- Zenith4237 (talk) 11:47, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- Léna (talk) 09:53, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
- Doc Taxon (talk) 18:28, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Base (talk) 11:24, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
- r054l13 (talk) 20:44, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 01:50, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 05:09, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Ijon (talk) 05:40, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Nasir Khan Saikat (talk) 06:12, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Bináris tell me 06:58, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Abbe98 (talk) 13:30, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- harej (talk) 15:58, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yarl (talk) 23:34, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- Egbe Eugene (talk) 9:52, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- EpochFail (talk) 11:38, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- Nettrom (talk) 16:27, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- Helder 21:24, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- M@sssly✉ 06:42, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
- ManosHacker (talk) 05:20, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
- Magioladitis (talk) 07:00, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- ftsalamp (talk) 15:25, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
- There'sNoTime (to explain) 15:12, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- Quiddity (talk) 19:49, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- BamLifa (talk) 12:36, 27 October 2017 (UTC)
- Chico Venancio (talk) 18:48, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
- KPFC 💬 20:46, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sign here if you'd like to be a member
Affiliations Committee Resolutions
- Recognition Wikimedia Tool Developers Group (May 2017)