- More or less unrestricted access to add and remove userrights
- To manipulate membership in global groups, see Special:GlobalGroupMembership.
- To change membership on a wiki besides Meta, enter <username>@<dbname>, e.g. Jimbo Wales@enwiki.
- Please don't forget to advise new sysops on any wiki not to translate MediaWiki locally and to invite them to the admin channel.
- Local Bureaucrats
- Add or remove the bot, administrator (sysop), bureaucrat, IP block exemption permissions, Central notice administrators, Uploader permission and the Translation administrator permission.
- Remove the flood flag from any administrator.
|Making new local administrators|
Type the name of the user in the box (without the User: namespace prefix) and click the button to make the user an administrator.
See also the user rights log.
It is suggested that you include a link to the user's request in the comment field (like this: [[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]).
After you make someone a sysop, please update (or ask the new admin to update):
You can notify the newly created sysop on their talk page, and give them some good advice too, by doing this:
You should then mark the candidacy ([[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]) as successful by adding
You will see that some candidacies have special circumstances you may want to note (second try, failed, request for 'crat, reconfirmation by the community, etc.).
- Local Administrators
- Add and remove the Translation administrator and the flood flag from themselves. Please remember to remove the flood flag when you are finished, or only assign it as a temporary flag from the start.
- Add and remove IP block exemption, MassMessage senders and Autopatrollers.
To see recent rights changes, view Special:Log/rights.
User rights log
- 18:50, 24 April 2017 MarcoAurelio changed group membership for Masssly from autopatroller, administrator and transwiki importer to administrator (temporary, until 00:00, 1 July 2017), autopatroller and transwiki importer (convert to temporary using the new feature)
- 13:05, 1 April 2017 Jalexander-WMF changed group membership for Masssly from autopatroller and transwiki importer to autopatroller, transwiki importer and administrator (wmf elections committee, temp to July 1 2017)
- 06:57, 8 September 2016 Syum90 changed group membership for Masssly from transwiki importer to transwiki importer and autopatroller (Trusted and experienced user)
- 19:49, 2 November 2015 Ruslik0 changed group membership for Masssly from (none) to transwiki importer (Special:Permalink/14435267)