- More or less unrestricted access to add and remove userrights
- To manipulate membership in global groups, see Special:GlobalGroupMembership.
- To change membership on a wiki besides Meta, enter <username>@<dbname>, e.g. Jimbo Wales@enwiki.
- Please don't forget to advise new sysops on any wiki not to translate MediaWiki locally and to invite them to the admin channel.
- Local Bureaucrats
- Add or remove the bot, administrator (sysop), bureaucrat, IP block exemption permissions, Central notice administrators, Uploader permission and the Translation administrator permission.
- Remove the flood flag from any administrator.
|Making new local administrators|
Type the name of the user in the box (without the User: namespace prefix) and click the button to make the user an administrator.
See also the user rights log.
It is suggested that you include a link to the user's request in the comment field (like this: [[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]).
After you make someone a sysop, please update (or ask the new admin to update):
You can notify the newly created sysop on their talk page, and give them some good advice too, by doing this:
You should then mark the candidacy ([[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]) as successful by adding
You will see that some candidacies have special circumstances you may want to note (second try, failed, request for 'crat, reconfirmation by the community, etc.).
- Local Administrators
- Add and remove the Translation administrator and the flood flag from themselves. Please remember to remove the flood flag when you are finished.
- Add and remove IP block exemption, MassMessage senders and Autopatrollers.
To see recent rights changes, view Special:Log/rights.
User rights log
- 07:44, 19 April 2016 MarcoAurelio changed group membership for Okeyes (WMF) from autopatroller and MassMessage sender to (none) (locked account)
- 15:26, 12 December 2013 MZMcBride changed group membership for Okeyes (WMF) from autopatroller to autopatroller and MassMessage sender (user is listed at Global message delivery/Access list (permalink))
- 21:39, 8 September 2012 Philippe (WMF) changed group membership for Okeyes (WMF) from autopatroller and administrator to autopatroller (All done)
- 21:15, 8 September 2012 Philippe (WMF) changed group membership for Okeyes (WMF) from autopatroller to autopatroller and administrator (Temporary; needed for his work.)
- 12:27, 28 October 2011 Theo10011 changed group membership for Okeyes (WMF) from (none) to autopatroller (trusted? ;))