- More or less unrestricted access to add and remove userrights
- To manipulate membership in global groups, see Special:GlobalGroupMembership.
- To change membership on a wiki besides Meta, enter <username>@<dbname>, e.g. Jimbo Wales@enwiki.
- Please don't forget to advise new sysops on any wiki not to translate MediaWiki locally and to invite them to the admin channel.
- Local Bureaucrats
- Add or remove the bot, administrator (sysop), bureaucrat, IP block exemption permissions, Central notice administrators, Uploader permission and the Translation administrator permission.
- Remove the flood flag from any administrator.
|Making new local administrators|
Type the name of the user in the box (without the User: namespace prefix) and click the button to make the user an administrator.
See also the user rights log.
It is suggested that you include a link to the user's request in the comment field (like this: [[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]).
After you make someone a sysop, please update (or ask the new admin to update):
You can notify the newly created sysop on their talk page, and give them some good advice too, by doing this:
You should then mark the candidacy ([[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]) as successful by adding
You will see that some candidacies have special circumstances you may want to note (second try, failed, request for 'crat, reconfirmation by the community, etc.).
- Local Administrators
- Add and remove the Translation administrator and the flood flag from themselves. Please remember to remove the flood flag when you are finished.
- Add and remove IP block exemption, MassMessage senders and Autopatrollers.
To see recent rights changes, view Special:Log/rights.
User rights log
- 21:33, 28 February 2015 DerHexer changed group membership for Stryn from administrator and translation administrator to administrator, translation administrator and steward (per https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Stewards%27_noticeboard&oldid=11419584#2015_Steward_elections_results)
- 19:38, 10 October 2014 Stryn changed group membership for Stryn from administrator to administrator and translation administrator (easier with translation stuff)
- 17:44, 27 September 2014 Stryn changed group membership for Stryn from flooder and administrator to administrator (done)
- 17:43, 27 September 2014 Stryn changed group membership for Stryn from administrator to administrator and flooder (mass deletion)
- 17:56, 12 September 2014 Stryn changed group membership for Stryn from IP block exempt and administrator to administrator (redundant)
- 17:09, 12 September 2014 M7 changed group membership for Stryn from autopatroller and IP block exempt to IP block exempt and administrator (per successful RfA, https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?diff=9848533&oldid=9839023&rcid=5572848)
- 15:22, 15 March 2014 Billinghurst changed group membership for Stryn from autopatroller to autopatroller and IP block exempt (around blocks)
- 11:57, 17 September 2011 Savh changed group membership for Stryn from (none) to autopatroller (Trusted)