- More or less unrestricted access to add and remove userrights
- To manipulate membership in global groups, see Special:GlobalGroupMembership.
- To change membership on a wiki besides Meta, enter <username>@<dbname>, e.g. Jimbo Wales@enwiki.
- Please don't forget to advise new sysops on any wiki not to translate MediaWiki locally and to invite them to the admin channel.
- Local Bureaucrats
- Add or remove the bot, administrator (sysop), bureaucrat, IP block exemption permissions, Central notice administrators, Uploader permission and the Translation administrator permission.
- Remove the flood flag from any administrator.
|Making new local administrators|
Type the name of the user in the box (without the User: namespace prefix) and click the button to make the user an administrator.
See also the user rights log.
It is suggested that you include a link to the user's request in the comment field (like this: [[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]).
After you make someone a sysop, please update (or ask the new admin to update):
You can notify the newly created sysop on their talk page, and give them some good advice too, by doing this:
You should then mark the candidacy ([[Meta:Requests for adminship/newlyMintedAdmin]]) as successful by adding
You will see that some candidacies have special circumstances you may want to note (second try, failed, request for 'crat, reconfirmation by the community, etc.).
- Local Administrators
- Add and remove the Translation administrator and the flood flag from themselves. Please remember to remove the flood flag when you are finished, or only assign it as a temporary flag from the start.
- Add and remove IP block exemption, MassMessage senders, Patrollers, and Autopatrollers.
To see recent rights changes, view Special:Log/rights.
User rights log
- 10:35, 4 January 2018 MarcoAurelio changed group membership for Xaosflux from translation administrator to translation administrator and administrator (Meta:Requests for adminship/Xaosflux 2)
- 03:04, 26 September 2017 RadiX changed group membership for Xaosflux from autopatroller and translation administrator to translation administrator (redundant: not required with translation admin rights)
- 12:20, 31 July 2016 MarcoAurelio changed group membership for Xaosflux from autopatroller to autopatroller and translation administrator (Meta:Requests for translation adminship/Xaosflux)
- 03:19, 5 March 2016 Ajraddatz changed group membership for Xaosflux from (none) to autopatroller (no need to patrol)
- 14:16, 27 June 2011 Trijnstel changed group membership for Xaosflux from autopatroller to (none) (at second thought, last edit in 2010)
- 14:10, 27 June 2011 Trijnstel changed group membership for Xaosflux from (none) to autopatroller (trusted user)
- 14:41, 2 October 2009 Anonymous Dissident changed group membership for Xaosflux from administrator to (none) (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Administrators/Removal/October_2009#Automatic_removal)
- 01:12, 13 February 2007 Anthere changed group membership for Xaosflux from (none) to administrator