- Link to request on mailing list
- Naming suggestions
- Please suggest on talk page.
- Domain name
- www.speedwiki.org (Proposal)
- speedwiki.elwiki.com for demo.
- Wiki for collections on how to get jobs done fast.
- 17:41, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- People interested joining
This wikimedia project should give users the ability to contribute with instructions on how to get a specific 'job' done in a fast and easy way, esp. for those who have not done such before.
Examples would be code snippets and build instructions for software, or instructions on, e.g. how to get the red color out of your favorite T-Shirt ;-).
- How does this differ from Wikihowto? And is getting something done quickly necessarily the best way, if you can spend a little bit more time and get it done properly? Ignore my philopshical question, the first query is the one that matters. -- Zanimum 18:35, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- As noted on Foundation-l, How-to books are also permitted on Wikibooks, and it would be encouraged to add content to the various How-to books that both already exist, as well as try to come up with some new content. For details, please visit b:Wikibooks:How-tos bookshelf. --Roberth 16:05, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- I think that this could well be a seperate project, as actually my main focus would be on the computer part (code snippets, etc.) and to provide ready-to-use stuff (need not be code) to the user. I think that wiki users ("the community") could make a lot from this. Please note the update - I have started a demo (but now I need to go to sleep, 02:15, germany). Good night / Gute Nacht! --Somebody 00:13, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
This doesn't seem appropiate as a WMF project. WikiHowto... Computerjoe 10:27, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
I think a better name for it would be qWiki. 18.104.22.168 00:28, 20 September 2006 (UTC)