|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in November 2017, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
Performance improvements to global abuse filters
While setting up filters for the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey (see discussion), I noticed on Meta we're regularly hitting the condition limit. It looks like some global filters could be improved, which I believe require steward intervention:
- Special:AbuseFilter/95 – This could be changed to:
old_size == 0 & user_editcount < 10 & article_namespace rlike "^(0|2)$" contains_any(added_lines, "Goji", "Gochi")
old_size == 0will cancel out more edits than the edit count check, and we can use regex (fast in this case) on the namespace to consume one condition instead of two.
- Special:AbuseFilter/88 – Similar situation to above. Consider:
old_size == 0 & user_age == 0 & article_namespace rlike "^(0|2)$" & contains_any(lcase(added_lines+article_text), ...)
- Special:AbuseFilter/82, 91 and 94 could probably be combined.
- Special:AbuseFilter/80 – Put the
old_size == 0as the first condition, as it is more likely to evaluate to false.
- Special:AbuseFilter/78 – (private, so I'm not being descriptive) The
new_pstvariable is very slow, and from my experience may not always work. You could probably just use
added_lines. Also put the
article_namespacecondition first, as it is more likely to evaluate to false.
- Special:AbuseFilter/72 and 76 – Use
article_namespace rlike "^(0|2)$"
- Special:AbuseFilter/69 – Put the
- Special:AbuseFilter/46 – You can probably get rid of the
action = "edit"condition because the other variables used (
added_links) only apply to edits. This filter would normally trip on deleting the page, but we are only checking for non-autoconfirmed users. The
added_linksconditions could also be combined into one condition, like
added_links rlike "one|two|three".
- Special:AbuseFilter/19 and 132 – Shouldn't need
action == "edit".
- Special:AbuseFilter/138 – Use
user_age == 0instead of
!"user" in user_groups(marginally faster), and put the
irlikeas the second condition and not the last. In this case, doing the regex first might slow things down a little, but it will definitely reduce the condition count. We have a new logstash dashboard that shows which filters are very slow, and we can check if this one shows up (but I don't think it will).
- Special:AbuseFilter/141 – Similar to above, use
user_age == 0as the first condition, then I'd probably put the
edit_deltacondition as the second, followed by
article_text, then the rest.
- Special:AbuseFilter/144 – I think you could use
action contains "upload"instead of the two conditions checking the action.
- I changed some of them. I may do the rest later. Ruslik (talk) 18:55, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
Spam pages on kiwiki
- Done Deleted. Ruslik (talk) 13:02, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
Page deletion in pt.wiki
Deletion request for 4 userpages in projects without active administrators
Please someone delete this 4 userpages, to make room for my global userpage. All of these projects haven't any active administrators:
Please someone delete my history page "https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Escadrille_SPA_153&action=history", some new internal military laws are in progress and some names have to be deleted. The only solution is to delete the history and I don't know how to do it. I'm the only administrator of this page.
Thank you! BOBDENARD57
- French Wikipedia has its own administrators. Please, ask them. Ruslik (talk) 19:57, 14 November 2017 (UTC)
OAuth approval request for Grant Metrics
- Application name: Grant Metrics [1.0] ( )
- Publisher: MusikAnimal (WMF) ( )
- Consumer key:
- OAuth admins: review/manage this application.
This is the production OAuth consumer for the upcoming Grant Metrics tool. You can read more about it at Community Tech/Grant metrics tool. Thanks! --MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 22:42, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
Bigdelete on en.wp: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of voice actors (3rd nomination)
en:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of voice actors (3rd nomination) closed as delete and redirect, but apparently the delete part needs a steward because of the number of revisions in the history. Sandstein (talk) 12:30, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
Delete - nonuse templates on kowikt
- Template:잘못 표기/설명문서
These templates are unnecessary. There is no local admin on kowikt, so please delete them. And, delete these unnecessary local user pages(#1, #2, #3) too. --Nuevo Paso (talk) 04:58, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- There are a lot of pages to delete in the speedy delete category. I'll keep working down the list in a bit. – Ajraddatz (talk) 18:37, 18 October 2017 (UTC)
- I deleted a bunch of Burmese words that had incorrect Unicode combining characters, since those are obviously not useful. PiRSquared17 (talk) 20:25, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
- Partially Done. I deleted only those that did not have transclusions. The remaining templates need to be replaced or removed from the pages where they are used first. Ruslik (talk) 18:42, 25 November 2017 (UTC)
Modules to be moved
Hello as per discussion on CS1 error w:kn:ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ:ಅರಳಿ_ಕಟ್ಟೆ#CS1_templates_always_show_error_in_Kannada_wikipedia: , discussed on IRC with Ajraddatz ,i want a steward to move pages from sandbox modules to actual modules on following
- You should ask local administrators. Ruslik (talk) 19:38, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- @ Ruslik i have contacted Admin today since directly on their talk page. we had this error from One year thanks to w:User:Trappist the monk it has now solved w:User_talk:Trappist_the_monk#cs1.7C2_at_kn.wiki, if the admin dont reply in a week , can you move the modules yourself. ★ Anoop / ಅನೂಪ್ ✉ © 09:30, 21 November 2017 (UTC)