Steward requests/Username changes
|← Requests and proposals||Steward requests (Username changes)||latest archive→|
username change. Please read the instructions before posting a request. Global username changes may also be requested here to be done by stewards and global renamers.
This page hosts requests for a |
This is also the page where stewards can be requested to deal with problems relating to the unified login feature. These include:
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Simple rename requests
- 3 Requests involving merges, usurps or other complications
- 4 See also
Before posting here
Please list the specific projects that you need to be renamed in under your request, unless you are requesting a global rename.
How to add an entry here
Making a request for your own account
For changing your username on one wiki:
Please include the following information in your request:
- the old username,
- the new username,
- please sign
~~~~request with your account for a simple move (first section), or sign this request with both the originating and the target accounts if you are requesting a merge (second section).
If anything is missing from your request, a steward will request more information. This helps ensure that you are requesting a rename for your own account. Please check before posting your request that the username you want is available. You can test that by going to the (new) user page and looking into the sidebar. If there is a link to user contributions, the account already exists, or check via Special:CentralAuth.
Requests that need to be made in private should be sent to stewardswikimedia.org (direct wiki-email interface).
Simple rename requests
If your rename request requires no stewardship, you have two options:
- Use the (new) request form at Special:GlobalRenameRequest; or
- Utilise the manual process outlined above, and submit it below in this section.
Please add new requests at the end of the section. Sections should be titled your username@global if you wish to be globally renamed. Please use this tool to check if the username is taken before filing a request.
Secretaria de Cultura e Turismo de Santo Amaro-Ba
Requests involving merges, usurps or other complications
Please add new requests at the end of the section. Sections should be titled your username@global and requests should be signed by both the source (from) and target (to) user accounts.
|Please note that the Global User Merge tool is not going to be available soon and that we will not accept any requests for now till further notice from developers. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- I can rename Gigahz~eswiki to Arnotixe on eswiki but in this case the current account Arnotixe on eswiki will need to be renamed to something else and as a result two edits associated with it will be lost. Ruslik (talk) 16:16, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- @Menduco29: Please, notify the user on their talk page. --Steinsplitter (talk) 16:30, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Menduco29: The account only exist on Wikipedia in Spanish, so you have to leave the notification over there. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:09, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- Ruslik, I have notified the user at User talk:Action Hero and at English Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Action_Hero#Usurp_request. Not sure whether he will come here.--Eden's Apple (talk) 17:20, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- Please, notify the user about this request. Ruslik (talk) 13:30, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- Please post here with both sgiraldoa and nomadmzl to prove that you own them. —k6ka 🍁 (Talk · Contributions) 15:13, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- for this page: Category:Steward requests archive/Username changes
- for the former "Steward requests/SUL requests" page:
- 2008: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2009: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2010: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2011: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2012: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2013: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.
- 2014: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07.
- for username changes