Steward requests/SUL requests/2010-09
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in September 2010, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
I changed my name from Juusomoro to Juuso on Finnish Wikipedia and would like to have the same name in all wikis, it's all about changing username in the most projects. I think I have the biggest problem in Finnish Wikiquote, Polish Wikipeda, Meta and Finnish Wiktionary because when my name changed in Finnish Wikipedia it changed in those projects as well but all the contributions are still with name Juusomoro. Is it possible to move the contributions from my old name to new name? I'm not quite sure did anyone understand me..
The name is already reserved in English and Swedish Wikipedias but could you change my user name in at least some of these wikis? All of those projects don't have active bureauchrats and I also thought everything would be less painful when I do only one request.
- local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc - local bc
--Juusomoro 14:49, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, that edit was made with Juusomoro.. Well, we are the same person. If the change is done in some project is my old account annihilated there? Juuso 14:51, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Modified your list, with notes:
- Struck out projects have local bureaucrats. As the instructions on this page say, you need to contact the local bureaucrats for renames when they exist. We also have created a Index of pages where renaming can be requested for many of these projects.
- Plainly, we don't simply override the local bureaucrats and community simply because it would be more convenient for you: Each project has its own bureaucrats, policies, rules, etc... - Note that if you have no or very few contributions, it's likely far easier to simply abandon the old account and re-register with your new username.
- Moving contributions from the old username to the new username is done automatically. If this either fails or you don't want to do the rename, they're not moved. We have no ability to correct this.
- Before renaming the rest of the accounts with no local bureaucrats, it'd be nice to see you put in requests on the others first. Before stating that a bureaucrat is inactive, put a request on their talk pages, wait a couple weeks, and if nobody responds link to the pages after the "local bc" on the above list so we may review this.
- Best, Kylu 15:20, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Modified your list, with notes:
I put requests to Finnish Wikiquote and Polish Wikipedia, it is possibly easier to just make a new account in other projects since the changes aren't done here. Let's see are local bureaucrats able to connect the contributions. Juuso 17:17, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Going over the list again, I note that on the four no-bureaucrat projects you linked, you have no contributions for reassignment anyway. Once you log in with your new account there, you're done and there's no reason to rename them. If you run across a project where the bureaucrats are inactive after a couple weeks have passed yet, let us know. Kylu 17:54, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi. I am Fran18 on the PT-BR Wikipedia, my home-wiki. I want to usurp the following accounts:
--fran18 23:40, 6 September 2010 (UTC)