Steward requests/SUL requests/2011-05
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in May 2011, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
Urbanuntil (problem with unifying accounts)
- Not done En.wikipedia and it.wikipedia have local bureaucrats, so you'll have to make the request locally (here for en.wikipedia, here for it.wikipedia). Jafeluv 01:36, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
Greetings to appointed Stewards of the Wikimedia Foundation. UNDER TWO IMPORTANT CONDITIONS would I like to unify my account:
- THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL IT BE PERMITTED THAT MY LOGIN DETAILS, OR ANY PRIVATE DATA HOWEVER AVAILABLE THROUGH MY USE OF WIKIMEDIA WEBSITES, BE MADE ACCESSIBLE, IN ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT WAY, TO ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH ANYONE INVOLVED, IN THE PAST, OR EVER, IN RUSSIAN WIKIPEDIA.
- That my ‘main’ user-login is that at the English Wikipedia, not, as it shews presently, the Russian Wikipedia.
To the best of my memory I have not ever held possession of user-account "Ramir" at ar.wikipedia.org. I have failed to remember, or to confirm otherwise, my connection with "Ramir" accounts on the following: en.wiktionary.org, es.wikipedia.org, fi.wikipedia.org, pt.wikipedia.org
Thanks if you would help me. Ramir 04:48, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Your home wiki is decided automatically by the software when you first unify your account. Ru.wikipedia was the project where you had the most edits at the time (and still do), so it was decided as your home wiki. The only way to change that would be to wait until you have more edits on en.wikipedia than ru.wikipedia and then unify your account again. Jafeluv 07:17, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- What of the “Check User” business then? There are known cases of privacy-theft on ru.wikipedia (sorry, no English-language links), — I just want them not to have further access, like, to my use of commons.wikimedia.org, mostly. Complicated stuff. Ramir 22:32, 8 May 2011 (UTC)