Steward requests/SUL requests/2012-09
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in September 2012, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
I began wiki as User:Ched Davis, but wanted to distance my real life identity so I requested a rename at en.wp to just User:Ched. I see that's caused some issues across other projects, especially with logging in and out. I'd like to usurp - change - and merge everything to User:Ched
- Meta, and
particularly are of import to me. But apparently Es, Fr, Ru, Sr, and Zh are needed as well.
Also, I want to recreate as a preventative measure User;Ched Davis to avoid any impersonation - but I'll try to do that on my own. I'll bookmark this page, and check back. I'll also check my preferences "here" to ensure I have my email set up "here". Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Ched (talk) 00:44, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
- All those wikis have local bureaucrats. So, please, apply localy. (See Index_of_pages_where_renaming_can_be_requested). Ruslik (talk) 18:28, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I want to usurp the following inactive account in English wiki:
- Please, apply here: w:en:Wikipedia:Changing username/Usurpations. Ruslik (talk) 18:26, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
I want to be renamed to Metronomo with the following accounts
Lost edit-history for Tostarpadius@svwiki
User Tostarpadius@svwiki has recently changed name. No problems so far. But in the API-version of his edit-history, some edits are lost. Like here between "2010-06-07T20:00:16Z" and "2010-06-13T07:52:29Z". Such edits exists in article-history like here. A similair case can be found between april 15 to april 19 2012. Maybe also in some other places, that has not been identified yet. Who can help us solve this kind of problem? -- Lavallen 13:14, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes when renaming an user it happens that not all edits are transferred to the new name. That happened to me once and the only way to fix it is filling a Bugzilla ticket (you may take my request as example, and make sure you CC Ariel T. Glenn in the ticket). Regards. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 16:38, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
I created an account for this user following a request on enwiki, however a bug occured where the SUL account is created, but no local accounts are created. Would a steward be able to fix this up please? Callanecc (talk) 07:11, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
- Very odd. I can't delete the empty global account. I get the following error message:
- Error: the global account "Chhagan medatiya" does not exist.
- However Special:CentralAuth/Chhagan medatiya do show it. This is probably related to a recent bug we've reported. I'll post this to Bugzilla & notify my fellows of this. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:48, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
I have a global account on the Danish Wikipedia, but the username on the English Wikipedia is taken. I can see that the user on the English Wikipedia has zero contributions. Is it possible for me to take over the account?
- Not done. Both projects have local bureaucrats, please go to this page for dawiki and this page for enwiki. Trijnsteltalk 20:42, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
I want to be renamed to Mbit.
According to MBisanz as stated here:
"There is already a global account for a ro.wiki user. That would need to be deleted at meta:Steward requests/SUL requests before it could be processed here."
As a secondary request, after my username has changed from Mibit to Mbit, I would like a SUL unification so that Mobit at sv.wikipedia.org is unified with Mbit. This intention is confirmed at the talk page for Mobit. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 22:43, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- Done: global account is deleted. You should request a renaming on svwiki on sv:Wikipedia:Byte av användarnamn. Trijnsteltalk 20:17, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- en.wiki Mibit is now Mbit
- sv.wiki Mobit is now Mbit
- I can not create Mbit on meta.wiki and cannot unify the accounts myself (or sign here), can you help me? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 16:52, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hi! Please go to en:Special:MergeAccount (logged in as Mbit) and merge all existing account names. Please inform me if this worked or not. Trijnsteltalk 20:28, 21 September 2012 (UTC)