Steward requests/SUL requests/2014-07
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in July 2014, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion.|
- Please delete this empty global account in accordance with this rename request. Thank you. Acalamari 13:58, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
I want to delete this global account, because the username was changed on the Hebrew Wikipedia and there was a new global account opened for that new username. So this account is useless. Thank you.
- This will not be necessary, you can simply stop using the account. Also there exist numerous auto-created accounts on other wikis than Hebrew Wikipedia, it makes no sense to detach them from each other. --MF-W 00:09, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
I'm trying to create Lucas Thomas as a doppelganger account (people like adding that "A" in there), but there's already an empty SUL with that name. Can it be deleted? Thanks Lucas Thoms (talk) 13:18, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Dustin V. S. (alt)
- My goal is for my account Dustin V. S. (alt) to be renamed to Master of Time and for me to usurp the account name at the Russian Wikipedia. The account at the Russian Wikipedia is keeping me from being renamed on the English Wikipedia.
- Copied from ru.wikipedia: "I don't speak Russian very well, but I had to come here from the English Wikipedia because the user Master of Time's main wiki is this one. The user apparently has only one edit on the Russian Wikipedia to his/here user page from what I can tell, so I have requested to usurp that user's name for my new alternate account which I will use for a few purposes, one of the most important being as a way of regaining control of my main account (Dustin V. S.) should it be compromised. If I can gain control of the user's name here, then I will be able to gain control of the global account."
- I didn't receive a response to that request after eleven days. It was suggested to look here by the bureaucrat Xeno on the English Wikipedia here. I originally wanted the name "Master of Time" before ever creating the user "Dustin V. S. (alt)", but the user had a single edit on ru.wikipedia blocking me from being renamed directly. I just want to gain control of the global account "Master of Time". If I made a mistake with my request or with one of the templates, please tell me. Thank you. Dustin V. S. (alt) (talk) 19:45, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- Not done At this time, we cannot rename users on ru.wikipedia, a large wiki. Have you tried contacting a bureaucrat there for assistance? --Rschen7754 20:28, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Rschen7754: Yes, and I waited eleven days without receiving a single response. I didn't contact a specific bureaucrat, but I don't know any bureaucrats there, and I am incompetent when it comes to the Russian language. Dustin V. S. (alt) (talk) 21:08, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- Please delete empty global account following local usurp. Thanks, –xeno 17:27, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- I'd like to merge all of my global accounts under the name Haymaker in accordance with this rename request. On some projects some of my edits are attributed to the new name and some are attributed to the old name, not totally sure why, sorry if I missed something. Haymaker (talk) 15:28, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- Not done Per Ruslik. MBisanz talk 21:24, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
I want to usurp the following accounts. I tried making a request at the dedicated page for usurpation requests on pt-wiki, but there is quite a backlog. Further, my account was already globally merged back when this feature was first enabled, and it was only after a 'crat on pt-wiki did a rename for a local editor (that is no longer active) that my merge was effectively "undone". It's been five months since my request, and apparently 'crat activity is intermittent or non-existent there.
- @Teles and Érico Júnior Wouters: --MF-W 13:21, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
I want to usurp the following accounts
I am writing on behalf of hu:user:Doncsecz on huwiki. Please see his case at this link. As an administrator on huwiki I can assure you the user behind the IP is the same person as user:Doncsecz on Commons and on huwiki. Though he actually logged in his account a month ago, he told me that for some reason he had had to change his password on Commons which he unfortunately forgot. Will you please help him or advise him how to proceed? Thanks Csigabi (talk) 08:52, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- A non-unified account, presumably without an email address attached; stewards cannot do anything about it. There is no tool that we have that can resurrect such an account, and it is why these other components exist to help safeguard people from that information loss. — billinghurst sDrewth 10:01, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
Would it be a solution usurping the Commons account as though it belonged to another person? In fact it would be even simpler since it would be a technical and not a real usurpation. Csigabi (talk) 10:06, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Csigabi: Commons bureaucrats look after Commons local accounts. — billinghurst sDrewth 10:17, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- Please delete empty global account following local usurp. Thanks, –xeno 13:38, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
I'd like to request an usurpation of the following user.