|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in March 2020, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
Please Read ASAP: Concerning messages
First of all, apologies for pulling the Andon Chain with the Please Read ASAP header. I hope I am overreacting.
While doing my routine cleanup tasks on w:mr, I just now came across a page where a logged in user has described़ his personal situation and mentioned that he is considering suicide.
While the content is irrelevant to the page or even to w:mr, this message sounds genuine. What is Wikimedia's 'safe space' policy for such incidents? I'm not in the jurisdiction where the user is ostensibly located (different country, continent, separated by 10,000+ miles), so I'd like some guidance on what the next immediate steps should be, if any.
Thanks for your immediate response.
- @अभय नातू: See Threats of harm.--GZWDer (talk) 19:46, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
- The WMF has been informed. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 19:53, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
- @GZWDer and MarcoAurelio:,
- Thank you for quick responses and guidance. I have also contacted WMF and three active editors on w:mr, where the user in question was logged in.
- Hoping for the best.
- अभय नातू (talk) 19:55, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
- @JSutherland (WMF):, I sent an email from personal email address to firstname.lastname@example.org , as directed on that page. Is there another email address I should send to?
- अभय नातू (talk) 20:03, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
- p.s. Also sent an email just now from the email box
- This section was archived on a request by: —MarcoAurelio (talk) 21:28, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
Grant staff new investigate right
Hi. In a few minutes, a new right,
investigate will go live on WMF wikis. No user group is granted this right. For testing purposes, please grant the
investigate right to the
staff global group at Special:GlobalGroupPermissions/staff. The right is needed for testing the new Special:Investigate and Special:InvestigateLog pages. They are only enabled on testwiki. See phab:T247645 for more. Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 23:34, 25 March 2020 (UTC)
- Done —Thanks for the fish! talk•contribs 23:52, 25 March 2020 (UTC)
- This section was archived on a request by: —Thanks for the fish! talk•contribs 23:52, 25 March 2020 (UTC)
Hi all, according to the tool, there is an admin who did not make any logged actions/edits in 3 years. From Admin activity review/Local inactivity policies, it states that sysops of sv.wikibooks are removed for inactivity if there is no edits/logged actions in a year. In addition, that user is also a crat.