Strategy/WMF Collaborative Planning
< StrategyJump to navigation Jump to search
This is the portal to the Wikimedia Foundation's collaborative planning process.
- Decentralize the planning process.
2015 Nov 13, Platypus team "set-up"
- Check in; review agenda
- What is a strategy? What is the end-point of all of this?
- Overview of the proposed strategy process
- Discussion as needed
- Quick discussion about how we should communicate (meetings and asynchronous)?
- Identify small teams that will be needed. Examples:
- Meta-process (small steering committee to handle platypus team logistics)
- Wiki team to get the initial strategy conversation started on-wiki (Strategy wiki?)
- ?? Community outreach and engagement
- Homework: consider who to invite to participate and join in thinking about possibilities
- We will use the meta wiki to host the strategy process
- We will adopt the Grants friendly spaces policy for this work
- Private group posting at https://groups.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/forum/#!topic/platypusteam/klGKq0VPtw8 -- Note that we did not take an official vote, but there were many voices in favor of and none objecting to these resolutions.