This phase of the consultation is closed. For information about the outcome, please watch the consultation main page, where a pointer to the next step in this process will be posted on or around February 26. While you are welcome to continue to use the discussion pages of this phase, please know that future submissions to this phase may not be reviewed by staff. We look forward to talking to you more about the themes that have emerged in the near future!
|د 2016 چلندلار سلا مشورو مخونه|
|Annual Plan pages|
2016-17 Mid-year check-in (February 2017)
Final 2016 Annual Plan (21 June)
Revised 2016 Annual Plan (27 May)
FDC recommendations for the WMF (15 May)
(Review discussion) (2 April - 2 May)
|د عمده موضوعگانو ساحې|
|Stage 1 (18 Jan.-15 Feb.) pages|
د 2016 چلندلارې ډ-ځ-پ
2015 Strategy community consultation
|Please observe the Friendly Space Expectations when sharing your thoughts or discussing those of others.|
One of the broad topic areas on which the Wikimedia Foundation will focus in our upcoming annual plan is knowledge. Knowledge is what we share with the world. We strive for high quality, diversity in our coverage, and accessibility for everyone.
When ready to answer questions, please click the button on the bottom of the page.
A critical question concerning knowledge
Our volunteers use diverse sources and information to create quality, comprehensive work. However, there are major recent innovations in the way knowledge is created, shared and received. Recent technical advances also allow for automatic generation and syndication of content.
- What do you think is the best way for the Wikimedia Foundation to adapt to changing knowledge needs of readers (short snippets, diverse formats, language, etc.) and to help facilitate content quality?
Potential strategic approaches to support knowledge
- Below are several approaches the Wikimedia Foundation might take towards supporting knowledge. Please read through these six options and let us know by approach "number" up to two or three of the six approaches you would most support. We also invite you to share your idea.
- Provide easy-to-use tools and incentives to contribute multimedia content and short-form text to benefit mobile and quick lookup users.
- Expand content faster through enabling community-led content partnership programs such as GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums).
- Increase content quality and timeliness by technologically enhancing our editors’ ability to create, monitor, and process content.
- Measure and reduce systemic gender and other bias in our overall content by project.
- Increase coverage in key languages through translation tools and human process.
- Explore ways to scale machine-generated, machine-verified and machine-assisted content.
د يو تدبير وړانديز کول
- Do you have another idea we should prioritize to help us support knowledge? Let us know!
|Thank you for contributing your thoughts to this consultation!|