Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Updates/23 December 2016 - Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process/pt-br
Message from Katherine Maher
- This message, "December 23: Update on Wikimedia movement strategy process (#2)", was sent by Katherine Maher on 23 December 2016.
Olá a todos,
As I mentioned last week, we plan to do more regular updates on the movement strategy process going forward. Last week's update was very long, out of necessity, so we hope sending updates more regularly will allow us to use a shorter format. While these will often come from me, I expect you’ll see other folks take turns sending them as the circle of participation widens.
Highlights from this past week:
- We are in the final stages of interviewing potential Lead Strategy Architects and hope to have a choice and contract by our next update. We will be able to share more information once a contract is in place.
- We expect the community discussion around the proposed timeline and strategy process plan to kick off in January.
- Our staff movement strategy study group met yesterday and discussed the types of groups we see in our movement and the impact that may have on this process and a future strategy. You can find out more information about the group on Meta-Wiki.
- In the new year I look forward to introducing the Lead Strategy Architect and providing more information on the plan for January.
You can also track our updates on the Meta-Wiki portal for the movement strategy.
I won’t make an update next week, as the Wikimedia Foundation offices will be closed for the holidays between December 25 and January 2. If you are celebrating the holidays, I hope they are full of good people and good cheer.
I look forward to seeing you all in 2017!