For a style guide for contributions to Meta itself, see Meta:Style guide.
Proper usage should be defined for:
- Project and wiki names
- Project subtitles, slogans, and other epithets
- Project logos
- Foundation names and components
- Major Wikipedia project names
- Names of individuals
- Names of MediaWiki components and pages
- Special naming (events, Days, parts of the default skin, &c)
- Each major Wikimedia Project should have its own basic logo, which should be approved by the Foundation.
- Individual language versions of each project should suggest localized version of the basic logo, which should be implemented as the sitewide logo by a developer.
- Each major Wikimedia Project should have a brief slogan, aligned with its official goals.
Wikiproject logos and slogans
These are less directly 'wikimedia projects' and so have more leeway in how they define themselves; however some basic style guidelines should still be observed.
Format style should be defined for:
- Statistics (stats to use, definition of ambiguous terms)
- First paragraphs of typical documents (overview, links to related work, bolding)
- Letters of various kinds
Reference should be made in this guide to:
- Other style guides for specific projects
- Other identity and style discussions
- Communications policies