Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/1997kB
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- I mainly edit on en wiki but I am also interested in Hindi Wikipedia project. I edited few articles.
- I have ~5k edit on en wiki and few on Hindi wiki, but I think Hindi wiki needs more content as mostly I see red links there.
- I also help new editors on IRC under nick [1997kB] and `1997kB.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
- Right now I edit using my mobile phone (which is a real mess on 4.5 inch screen for using pc website of Wikipedia), brother's laptop and public pc. If I get a laptop it will be really helpful for me to edit more constantly and I can help on new editors on IRC regularly. Also Internet is less available in rural India and I am from rural part of the country, the internet help will be really appreciable.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- In next six months i am willing to maintain high level of activeness on the en/hi wiki.
- Willing to create geographic content on Hindi/English Wikipedia.
- Regarding the help of new editors on IRC, the local language channels are mostly silent, So I am looking forward to increase activeness there.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit