Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Laptops
List of recipients for Laptops under the Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias program are listed below.
- A total of 271 applications were received requesting a laptop, internet stipend or both.
- All applications (including drafts) with 100+ global edits and at least one endorsement were considered eligible to be reviewed.
- The selection principle was to look at Activity (edits) followed by Trust (endorsements) and decide based on one's Need for the support. This meant that people who had no (contributing from a mobile) or only limited access (contributing from office) to a system were given priority over others who needed an additional/better laptop for various needs. Therefore, please do not consider this as a judgment on how good a contributor you are if your application was not selected. It simply means someone else needed it more than you and we had only limited number of laptops. Whenever required, we also reached out to community members to confirm the need to make sure that users who could not provide all details through the application were not disadvantaged.
- 2 laptops were reserved for each language community and the remaining laptops were allotted under an open pool.
- Applicant's need was assessed only in comparison with others applying from the same language community to set fair benchmarks.
- Some applicants who had a need for an advanced laptop (example: to run a software) were not selected because the available laptops (basic Chromebooks) are not suitable to fulfill their needs.
- Selection was done by a community review team comprising of User:Yohannvt, User:Manavpreet Kaur, and User:Dsvyas. Special thanks to User:Viswaprabha for the technical support offered to collect information from the submitted applications.
- 50 Wikimedians will receive laptops. 45 among them have 1000+ edits.
- They belong to 16 different Indian language Wikipedia communities.
- 11 among them are females (22% of recipients).
A basic model Chromebook will be given as one-time support. The recipients can keep them forever without returning it to CIS-A2K or fellow community members. This support is offered assuming good faith in order to empower each recipient's contribution to the best of his/her ability. We encourage fellow community members to welcome them as usual.
Each recipient will be contacted through their talk pages and contact email address given on the application form. We plan to disperse the laptops before the end of March 2018. Please contact tito at cis-india.org or tanveer at cis-india.org if you need clarification or leave a message in the talk page.
|Number||User name||Application link||Language community||Confirmation of receipt|
(please sign using ~~~~ once you receive it.)
|1||Angpradesh||Open||Angika||Angpradesh (talk) 02:56, 5 April 2018 (UTC)|
|2||Mouryan||Open||Bengali||Mouryan (talk) 06:56, 14 May 2018 (UTC)|
|3||IM3847||Open||English||IM3847 (talk) 06:29, 3 April 2018 (UTC)|
|4||acagastya||Open||English Wikinews||acagastya 11:18, 5 April 2018 (UTC)|
|5||Nizil Shah||Open||English/Gujarati||Nizil Shah (talk) 13:43, 28 March 2018 (UTC)|
|6||Gazal world||Open||Gujarati/English||Gazal world (talk) 06:46, 29 March 2018 (UTC)|
|7||Shypoetess||Open||Hindi||Shypoetess (talk) 16:04, 16 June 2018 (UTC)|
|8||Innocentbunny||Open||Hindi||Innocentbunny TALK 17:18, 30 March 2018 (UTC)|
|9||आशीष भटनागर||Open||Hindi||--Ashish Bhatnagartalk 00:23, 25 April 2018 (UTC)|
|10||J ansari||Open||Hindi||--J. Ansari Talk 09:25, 3 April 2018 (UTC)|
|11||आर्यावर्त||Open||Hindi||आर्यावर्त (talk) 08:35, 2 April 2018 (UTC)|
|12||Nilesh shukla||Open||Hindi||Nilesh shukla (talk) 05:03, 3 April 2018 (UTC)nilesh shukla|
|13||Sangappadyamani||Open||Kannada||Sangappadyamani (talk) 17:51, 30 March 2018 (UTC)|
|14||Dhanalakshmi .K. T||Open||Kannada||Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk)23:53, 30 March 2018 (UTC)|
|18||Sai K shanmugam||Open||Malayalam||Sai K shanmugam (talk) 07:54, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|19||Ovmanjusha||Open||Malayalam||Ovmanjusha (talk) 15:34, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|20||Arjunkmohan||Open||Malayalam||Arjunkmohan (talk) 17:22, 7 April 2018 (UTC)|
|22||Erfanebrahimsait||Open||Malayalam||Erfan Ebrahim Sait (talk)-- 15:16, 3 April 2018 (UTC)|
|23||Akhiljaxxn||Open||Malayalam||Akhiljaxxn (talk) 13:44, 3 April 2018 (UTC)|
|24||Arunsunilkollam||Open||Malayalam||Arunsunilkollam (talk) 07:34, 29 March 2018 (UTC)|
|25||Sidheeq||Open||Malayalam||Sidheeq (talk) 10:58, 28 March 2018 (UTC)|
|26||Jinoytommanjaly||Open||Malayalam||Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 14:47, 28 March 2018 (UTC)|
|27||आर्या जोशी||Open||Marathi||आर्या जोशी (talk) 02:28, 9 July 2018 (UTC)|
|28||Pooja Jadhav||Open||Marathi||Pooja Jadhav (talk) 04:26, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|29||Rajendra prabhune||Open||Marathi||Rajendra prabhune (talk) 05:20, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|30||Chinmayee Mishra||Open||Odia||Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 12:51, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|31||Abha S Pradhan||Open||Odia||Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 11:53, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|32||Ansumang||Open||Odia||ɑηsuмaη«Talk» 07:17, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|33||Ssgapu22||Open||Odia||Sangaram Keshari Senapati (talk) 13:16, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|34||Subas Chandra Rout||Open||Odia||Subas Chandra Rout (talk) 11:13, 2 April 2018 (UTC)|
|36||Satpal Dandiwal||Open||Punjabi||Satpal Dandiwal (talk) |Contribs) 16:02, 4 April 2018 (UTC)|
|37||Charan Gill||Open||Punjabi||Charan Gill (talk) 06:27, 9 April 2018 (UTC)|
|38||Jagmit Singh Brar||open||Punjabi||Jagmit Singh (talk) 16:08, 4 April 2018 (UTC)|
|39||NehalDaveND||Open||Sanskrit||NehalDaveND (talk) 10:42, 28 March 2018 (UTC)|
|40||Ramjit Tudu||Open||Santali||Ramjit Tudu (talk) 05:33, 5 April 2018 (UTC)|
|41||Fagu Baskey||Open||Santali||Fagu Baskey (talk) 08:17, 5 April 2018 (UTC)|
|42||Thamizhpparithi Maari||Open||Tamil||Thamizhpparithi Maari (talk) 08:28, 12 April 2018 (UTC)|
|44||TNSE Mahalingam VNR||Open||Tamil|
|45||Arulghsr||Open||Tamil||--Arulghsr (talk) 08:09, 30 March 2018 (UTC)|
|49||Hindustanilanguage||Open||Urdu/Hindi||Muzammil (talk) 04:59, 31 March 2018 (UTC)|
|50||Ahmed Nisar||Open||Urdu/Telugu/Hindi/English||Ahmed Nisar (talk) 18:58, 30 March 2018 (UTC)|